Fwd: DCR's 2012 Park Serve Day -- Registration is Open!

Michele Biscoe

Apr 1, 2012, 10:39:22 AM4/1/12
to fell...@googlegroups.com
Dear Fells Dog Owners,

The Middlesex Fells Dog Owner Group (FellsDOG) is proud to participate in Park Serve Day, organized by the MA Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) at state-owned properties across Massachusetts.

Fells Dog Owners will assist with habitat restoration, trail closures, and revegetation using native plants, as well as trash pickup at the Middlesex Fells Reservation.

Meet at the Sheepfold Upper lot by information board. (Note: Map location is approximate.)

FellsDOG encourages Park Serve Day participants to make other arrangements for their canine companions during their community service, though leashed dogs are welcome at the Middlesex Fells Reservation and dogs may be off-leash in a designated area at Sheepfold in accordance with posted rules.

Join us on Park Serve Day in giving back to the beautiful place that gives us and our dogs so much!

Best,
Michele
with Strummer (standard poodle)

dcr-line

cid:image002.jpg@01CD0838.E07531A0

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Department of Conservation and Recreation’s
annual statewide effort to clean up
DCR’s public forests, parks and beaches

Saturday, April 21, 2012

On Saturday, April 21, Governor Deval Patrick invites you to lend a hand.   During this day of statewide volunteer service, we’ll work together to get state forests, parks and beaches across Massachusetts ready for summer.

With your help, we’ll spruce up park facilities, clean coastlines, clear and maintain trails, plant flowers, and more!  These valuable resources belong to all of us, and we can all take pride in them!

Pick a park, give a day and make a difference!

Online Registration is now open atwww.mass.gov/dcr/parkserve

We hope to see you on April 21st!

For information, call 617-626-4980
DCR website:  www.mass.gov/dcr