Remember Katherine Clark's Position on Rules and Enforcement at Fells

michele (with Strummer)

Oct 13, 2013, 8:36:48 AM10/13/13
to fell...@googlegroups.com
Dear Fells Dog Owners,

If you will be voting on Tuesday, October 15, in the primary for the special election for U.S. Representative for Massachusetts’ 5th District, please take a moment to refresh your memory about the letter that Katherine Clark submitted at the eleventh hour of the public process for the Middlesex Fells Reservation Resource Management Plan.

The Boston Globe ran our open letter to Senator Katherine Clark and her colleagues in the MA House on December 13, 2011: "Letter: Fells dog group criticizes legislators' timing, message" (http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/malden/2011/12/letter_fells_dog_group_critici.html).

Many Fells dog owners participated in the public process and submitted comments as a part of the public record; Katharine Clark's letter revealed that she was ill informed to comment on the RMP and that she was out of touch with her constituents involvement and interest in the issue.  Moreover, in sharing her letter with the Friends of the Fells (FoF) but not with other stakeholder groups, who were equally involved in and not represented by FoF about the issue, Clark demonstrated profound disrespect both to the public process and to the people she represents in the Fifth Middlesex District.
  • In her letter, she acknowledges that disagreement exists among the stakeholder groups, yet she did not reach out to all groups;
  • She shared her comments with one of the several stake-holder groups actively involved in the process (the Friends of the Fells), but not with others including the Fells Dog Owner Group (FellsDOG) and the Greater Boston Chapter of the New England Mountain Biking Association (GBNEMBA);
  • A democratically elected representative of the people, Clark issued her comments on the RMP clandestinely, rather than publicly through the DCR’s public comment process.
Before you cast your vote on October 15, please ask yourself whether Katharine Clark, who has demonstrated that she is not capable of communicating with the residents of a state senate district consisting of fewer than six cities and towns, is competent to represent more than twenty cities and towns of the Commonwealth.

Thank you!

Wishing you and your dogs a Happy Bartolomé Day* weekend!

Best,
Michele
with Strummer (standard poodle)
Somerville, MA

*"Christopher Columbus was awful (but this other guy was not)" - The Oatmeal: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/columbus_day

Vin

Oct 13, 2013, 10:32:25 AM10/13/13
to fell...@googlegroups.com, michele biscoe
Michele,

Thanks so much for the refresher on the events surrounding Katharine Clark's disappointing -- and surreptitious -- participation in the Middlesex Fells Resource Management Plan back in 2011.  I'm sure she's is hoping that voters who have dogs in her district have forgotten her underhanded actions during that period of RMP review.

With so many politicians trying to spin the truth about their real (or alleged) accomplishments, it's helpful to be reminded of the despicable actions of the various sleazy candidates on the ballot.

Thank you for helping to serve as the collective conscience of dog-loving voters in Massachusetts.

Have a great weekend and remember to cast your vote in the upcoming elections.  Hoping you and Strummer are both doing well.

Vin Scardino
Guardian of Nino the Weimaraner

Vin

Oct 13, 2013, 12:45:06 PM10/13/13
to fell...@googlegroups.com, michele biscoe

Hannah Driscoll

Oct 14, 2013, 3:53:39 PM10/14/13
to fell...@googlegroups.com, michele biscoe
hi all,
I came across a lost dog yesterday and thought I'd put it out there in case you've heard of someone looking. It was a beautiful black lab mix, short hair, tall, long ears,thin tail, fit dog and well cared for with a bright bluish collar. I saw him/her crossing route 16 at Winthrop st around 8Am yesterday  and I pulled over in my car to see if she/he would come to me. He/she stopped and looked at me but then tucked its tail and headed down the river towards Medford/Somerville. I followed for a while but lost sight and never came across him/her again. Beautiful dog...my heart ached for him/her when darkness fell.....
Hannah