Dog Play Workshop, June 12

michele biscoe

Jun 2, 2012, 1:09:59 PM6/2/12
to fellsdog
Dear Fells Dog Owners,

The Middlesex Fells Dog Owner Group cordially invites you to a
workshop on "Dog Play" Tuesday evening, June 12, from 7:00 to 9:00 at
the Botume House, 4 Woodland Road, Stoneham.

Liz Shaw, CPDT-KA, owner of Magical Mutt (http://magicalmutt.com/),
will be showing video clips of dogs and leading a discussion about the
dogs' body language and interactions to help us better understand the
behaviors that we see at off-leash areas like the one at Sheepfold. By
better understanding how dogs play together (and how they communicate
when they are not having fun), we will be better able to recognize
healthy play among dogs at Sheepfold, and we will be better prepared
to intervene when dogs are not having fun or not playing nice.

Please help us get the word out and tell your friends about this great
opportunity to better understand our dogs! I hope to see you on
Tuesday evening, June 12, at the
Botume House, from 7 to 9 pm.

Please note: Liz has asked for a nominal fee of $100 for the
workshop. We will be requesting (but not requiring) that workshop
participants pay $5 each to help us cover Liz's fee. If we raise more
than $100, we will reimburse people who provided refreshments. Any
additional money raised will given to Liz as a token of our
appreciation.

Best regards,
Michele
Dog Play Flyer.pdf

Ron Weisinger

Jun 2, 2012, 2:41:40 PM6/2/12
to fell...@googlegroups.com

Michele, sounds great.  I'm planning to attend.

Ron Weisinger

michele biscoe

Jun 9, 2012, 7:45:01 AM6/9/12
to fell...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Ron.  It will be nice to see you again.

Liz did this workshop in Somerville last month, and it was great.  It was especially interesting to discuss with other dog owners and learn about different behaviors people have observed in their own dogs.

I'm looking forward to talking with other Fells dog owners on Tuesday!

Best,
Michele
with Strummer (standard poodle)

coricouture

Jun 11, 2012, 3:41:44 PM6/11/12
to fell...@googlegroups.com
Looking forward to the workshop tomorrow night, Michele.
Cheers,
Cori

PS: I'll bring something to snack on, as well. :)
Where am I going and what am I doing in this handbasket?

michele biscoe

Jun 12, 2012, 7:11:50 AM6/12/12
to fell...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!