benches

Ashley Gray

May 1, 2013, 1:46:35 PM5/1/13
to NCCA
Hi everyone,

below, please find some positive info from Christine regarding the new benches.

if you have additional questions and/or concerns, I'd suggest contacting Christine directly - she has been terrific in her responsiveness and communication.

and again, if anyone knows anything about the 2nd cool "rocker" bench near the most western dog can, just east of the fallowed field, please have them contact Christine directly. her contact info is below.

finally, as always, let me know if I can help out with anything too.

peace-
Ashley

You can let neighbors know that the owner agreed to donate the bench to the park, and we accepted it while we are still in the interim planning stage since this bench generally fits into the type of standard furnishings we would consider. The bench will need to be relocated to a place that is easily accessible to all visitors, and I am working with the owner to select the new location. If there are other furnishings that other neighbors would like to donate, they will be evaluated on a case by case basis by the GGNRA San Mateo Management Team. Please have neighbors contact me or other park staff first to discuss rather than just install anything themselves. As I mentioned before, memorial items (benches, trees etc) will not be accepted at this time.

We're happy to see that the community loves the park and wants to contribute, and we look forward to working with you all to develop the long-term furnishings plan for Rancho!

Christine Carey, PE, AICP
Community Planner - San Mateo County
National Park Service

Golden Gate National Recreation Area