LeConte

1 view

Ashley Gray

Mar 6, 2013, 9:58:20 AM3/6/13
to NCCA
howdy folks,

hope all is well with all of you.

several residents who live along Tamarind and I met with Christine and Brian last night to discuss possible improvements to LeConte. they had met prior with school officials and were looking for feedback from neighbors who would be directly impacted. they brought lots of maps and were genuinely interested and receptive to the wide range of brainstorming that took place. nothing was settled, but lots of ideas discussed including:
  • emergency/fire access
  • eliminating four wheeling
  • eliminating auto cut through from LeConte to Tamarind
  • eliminating dumping at the very end of LeConte
  • parking concerns
  • safety for kids walking to/from school
it was largely agreed that:
  • improvements to the road and drainage are necessary
  • the very end of LeConte should be blocked due to poor visibility and the problems that brings: dumping, fourwheeling, etc
  • there should be no expansion of parking
  • any infrastructure additions will have low visibility impact
  • the temporary barriers to cars on the north end of the ranch are deterring autos cutting through.
  • an auto turnaround would probably be an appropriate option to ease traffic congestion. (discussion on the location of that turnaround ranged from the fence line on the north end of the ranch to almost the end of LeConte.)
next steps: Christine and Brian will go back to meet with the school, present suggestions, and continue discussions on where a turnaround might best fit. it was suggested that any limitation of access to the full extent of LeConte would be on a temporary and experimental basis prior to any draining, grading, and permanent construction of the turnaround.

I anticipate hearing back from Christine as things progress. if you are interested in participating in this discussion, please let me know and I will keep you informed to future discussions. otherwise, I will continue to update our group as developments merit.

peace-
Ashley

bill kehoe

Mar 6, 2013, 11:09:53 AM3/6/13
to Farall...@googlegroups.com
Yes, keep me informed. It would have been nice to have known about this meeting ahead of time. I think these small group meetings with different community members weakens the overall strength of the community. We all agreed to stick together on this and yet NPS has yet to discuss its alternative parking in Moss Beach with any residents n MB. It looks like we are being thrown to the dogs.

Thank you,

Bill Kehoe
MidCoast Community Council ( http://www.midcoastcommunitycouncil.org/ )

Karen Madsen

Mar 6, 2013, 11:39:27 AM3/6/13
to Farall...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a good discussion.  Thanks for the update, Ashley.  Keep me posted.

Karen Madsen