FTL's Meg McLain Interviewed on Good Day, KDKA, WEUS

Ian Freeman

Nov 12, 2010, 4:21:00 PM11/12/10
to Free Talk Live : Industry Edition Newsletter
When the Drudge Report posted our interview with one of Free Talk
Live's co-hosts, Meg McLain, regarding her treatment at the hands of
the TSA, the story exploded across the internet, shooting Meg to #2 on
the Alexa hot topic rankings and at least #6 on google searches. The
interview itself has over 600,000 views on YouTube and reached the #2
most viewed video on YouTube yesterday..

The neat thing is, as the host of Free Talk Live, I didn't *do* any of
this. It was a listener who clipped out the interview and uploaded it
to YouTube and I have no idea who submitted it to Drudge, but that
wasn't me either. I did help Meg book interviews, as that's a
stressful experience, especially since she's been stuck down in
Florida all this week as a result of US Airways reneging on their
offer to get her home.

Today she appeared with Doug Stephan on his "Good Day" program then
later was on with Mike Pintek at KDKA in Pittsburgh and Ed Tyll at
WEUS in Orlando. Archives of all the interviews are posted here on
the site where Meg blogs: http://freekeene.com/2010/11/12/meg-on-the-radio/

She's pretty burnt out from all the publicity and stress and I imagine
is looking forward to sleeping in her own bed, finally. As I write
this, she has sailed through security at Tallahassee airport and is
awaiting her plane back to New Hampshire.

You may have heard that the TSA released security camera video in a
desperate attempt to discredit Meg, but their video didn't answer
questions as much as they created more, so we had Meg on Free Talk
Live again for an hour to ask her some tough questions about what
really happened. Here's that archive, also youtubed for your
convenience: http://freekeene.com/2010/11/12/meg-addresses-tough-questions-about-tsas-video-evidence/

Interested in talking to Meg or having one of your local hosts talk to
Meg on-your-air? Let me know.

Need a refresher on Free Talk Live? We're available via XDS (Citadel)
and Starguide III live Monday-Saturday from 7-10pm Eastern. Free Talk
Live has been syndicated since 2004 and now has over 84 radio
affiliates from Alaska to Florida and Hawaii to Maine. FTL is
preemptible with no makegoods, plus we're streamable and flexible - so
you can air us whenever and however is best for your station. Visit
our Program Director's website: http://PD.freetalklive.com - there
you'll find full archives, a shortform demo, promos, ratings,
testimonials, our show clock/satellite info, easy one-page agreement,
and more!

Thanks for your continued consideration,
Ian Freeman
Host, "Free Talk Live"
603-513-2449