My remaining charges have been dropped! :: New Affiliate :: Urbanski Show Ending

Ian Freeman

Nov 15, 2011, 2:40:26 PM11/15/11
to Free Talk Live : Industry Edition Newsletter
Good news - looks like I don't have to go to court next week after
all! The "disorderly conduct" and "contempt of court" charges against
me for last year's drinking game arrest at a local city council
meeting have been dropped. Basically, I was arrested for engaging in
a silent protest of the city's "open container" ordinance. I was told
to hand over the brown bottle (that was filled with water and labeled
"Not a BEER" or leave the ostensibly public meeting. Since I have no
obligation to consent to a search or leave a public meeting because
they don't like my protest, I stood my ground and was arrested and
charged with a misdemeanor. Looks like I was right, as they are no
longer prosecuting me for this matter. Here's a more detailed piece
on this situation which also links to video of the event:
http://freekeene.com/2011/11/15/drinking-game-charges-dropped/

As always, I'm available to be interviewed regarding civil
disobedience and noncooperation, open container, prohibition, or
whatever you or your other local hosts would like to discuss. Please
reach out to schedule an interview. I'm available via Comrex Access,
ISDN, Hotline, or POTS.

As an example of one such appearance, recently I appeared on WGOW AM/
FM on the Jeff Styles show to discuss my recent imprisonment
http://freetalklive.com/files/WGOW2011-10-17.mp3

In case you missed it, here's TALKERS Magazine's exclusive interview
with me after my release from the government cage:
http://www.talkers.com/2011/10/10/monday-october-10-2011/

In other FTL-related news, we welcome Clear Channel's WWNC AM in
Asheville, NC to our new live Sunday show with Mark and Stephanie.
WWNC is taking hours two and three live. As always Free Talk Live is
as flexible as you need us to be.

Finally, yet another Hollywood actor/producer-turned-radio-host is
done for. Westwood One's Urbanski's last show is December 23rd.
Urbanski's show started on January 1st, so he didn't even make it a
year. Free Talk Live has been in existence since 2002.

Need a refresher on Free Talk Live? We're available via XDS (Cumulus)
live seven-days-a-week from 7-10pm Eastern. Free Talk Live has been
syndicated since 2004 and now has over 105 affiliates from coast-to-
coast. FTL is preemptible with no makegoods, plus we're streamable and
flexible - so you can air us whenever and however is best for your
station. Visit our Program Director's website: http://PD.freetalklive.com
- there you'll find full archives, a shortform demo, promos, ratings,
testimonials, our show clock/satellite info, easy one-page agreement,
and more!

As always, please let me know how I may be of assistance,
Ian Freeman
Host, "Free Talk Live
603-513-2449