The Doctor is Out - Dean Edell Quitting Radio

Ian Freeman

Dec 2, 2010, 10:53:34 AM12/2/10
to Free Talk Live : Industry Edition Newsletter
According to TALKERS Magazine, Dr. Dean Edell is calling it quits -
effective very soon. His last live syndicated show is December 10th
and Premiere will air weekend re-runs through the end of the year.
Whether you're running him weekdays or weekends, do consider Free Talk
Live as a possible replacement. Dr. Edell's weekday program is only
an hour long, and Free Talk Live is one of the few syndicated shows
that allows you to take an hour, if that's all you need. We want what
is right for you and your station.

WBHP AM/FM & WHOS AM, our affiliates in Huntsville / Decatur, Alabama
are some of the stations who only have room for an hour of FTL during
their weeknights. In fact, until recently they were originally only
taking an hour from Wed-Fri, but are now carrying Free Talk Live all
week long! WVTS AM/FM in Charleston, WV and WJML/WJNL in Petoskey /
Traverse City, MI are longtime affiliates who have been carrying our
third weekday hour live for years. If you'd like to reach out to them
and ask what their experience has been, let me know and I'll get you
in touch.

Here's what Dan Gaffney, program director of WGMD FM in Delaware had
to say recently about Free Talk Live:
"FTL is a dynamic, interactive, live show that has brought new life to
my weekend lineup!"

Need a refresher on Free Talk Live? We're available via XDS (Citadel)
and Starguide III live Monday-Saturday from 7-10pm Eastern. Free Talk
Live has been syndicated since 2004 and now has over 84 radio
affiliates from Alaska to Florida and Maine to Hawaii. FTL is
preemptible with no makegoods, plus we're streamable and flexible - so
you can air us whenever and however is best for your station. Visit
our Program Director's website: http://PD.freetalklive.com - there
you'll find full archives, a shortform demo, promos, ratings,
testimonials, our
show clock/satellite info, easy one-page agreement, and more!

Thanks for your consideration,
Ian Freeman
Host, "Free Talk Live"
603-513-2449