Existing Affiliate WGMD FM Replaces Hunt with FTL!

Ian Freeman

May 26, 2011, 3:20:00 PM5/26/11
to Free Talk Live : Industry Edition Newsletter
I thought that Allen Hunt's show would continue through the end of the
month, but according to his website, his last nationally syndicated
live program was over a week ago. I presume his network is providing
refeeds through the end of this month, based on what I'd heard
previously. Regardless, he's done and his 100+ plus affiliates are in
the process of replacing his show. As you might imagine, some of them
will be taking Free Talk Live as Hunt's replacement, and I'd love to
brag about them, but I have a policy to not announce new affiliates
until *after* they are confirmed to have aired their first episode of
FTL. So, I'm holding off on announcing most of them, but there's one
big one that I can announce now, and that's our existing affiliate
WGMD FM.

WGMD is a very popular FM news talker in the Rehoboth Beach area of
Delaware, and they began airing FTL's live Saturday show back in
October of 2009. Program Director and morning show host Dan Gaffney
had this to say about our show:

"FTL is a dynamic, interactive, live show that has brought new life to
my weekend lineup!"

Now he's bringing FTL to weeknights to replace Allen Hunt, starting
Memorial Day (and we are expecting to do a live show on Memorial Day,
FYI). Thanks, Dan!

In other news, another one of our existing affiliates, WSNO AM in
Barre, VT is exiting their agreement with "The Other Side" early and
expanding FTL's live Saturday show to all three hours.

More affiliate announcements coming soon, including our crossing the
100-affiliate milestone!

Need a refresher on Free Talk Live? We're available via XDS (Citadel)
live Monday-Saturday from 7-10pm Eastern. Free Talk Live has been
syndicated since 2004 and now has over 98 affiliates from coast-to-
coast. FTL is preemptible with no makegoods, plus we're streamable and
flexible - so you can air us whenever and however is best for your
station. Visit our Program Director's website: http://PD.freetalklive.com
- there you'll find full archives, a shortform demo, promos, ratings,
testimonials, our show clock/satellite info, easy one-page agreement,
and more!

As always, please let me know how I may be of assistance,
Ian Freeman
Host, "Free Talk Live"
603-513-2449