Dobbs is Done

Ian Freeman

Jan 24, 2012, 1:16:48 PM1/24/12
to Free Talk Live : Industry Edition Newsletter
It's happened again. Yet another TV personality is bailing out on his
radio program. According to industry sources, Lou Dobbs is quitting
his syndicated radio show as of 2/24. Why? He wants to focus on his
TV show. To Dobbs' credit, his radio show lasted a few years where as
some TV people come and are gone within a year. Hey, I get it - TV is
a lot of work, which is one reason why I love radio. I can come to my
studio (in my home), looking however I want, and go on-the-air with no
makeup, lighting, teleprompter, or huge production crew.

Unlike Dobbs, Free Talk Live is now approaching ten years on-the-
radio. We're in this for the long haul. It's not a fad or a hobby
for us. It's a dedication to a craft and an audience. That's why we
do FTL all seven nights per week, LIVE.

So, if you are reading this and are a Lou Dobbs affiliate, whether on
weeknights or weekends, Free Talk Live can help you. If you only need
us for an hour on weeknights, we're there for you. If you need us all
week and weekends as well, we are happy to help. Please get in touch
with me and let me know how FTL can be of assistance to your station's
needs.

In other news, longtime affiliate WIMS AM in Michigan City, IN has
expanded to take the FTL Sunday show. WIMS is now airing FTL every
night of the week, delayed to 12-3am. Run us when you want, as much
as you wish.

Finally, here's a quote about FTL from Dave Vieser, the APD of our
progressive affiliate in Ithaca, NY, Saga's WNYY:
"Our WNYY listeners are extremely active listeners and they love to
tell us how much they love or hate the views presented on Free Talk
Live, both weekdays and the weekend edition. The perspectives and
content is something fresh and thought-provoking in this Ivy League
town."

Need a refresher on Free Talk Live? We're available via XDS (Cumulus)
live seven-days-a-week from 7-10pm Eastern. Free Talk Live has been
syndicated since 2004 and now has over 105 affiliates from coast-to-
coast. FTL is preemptible with no makegoods, plus we're streamable and
flexible - so you can air us whenever and however is best for your
station. Visit our Program Director's website: http://PD.freetalklive.com
- there you'll find full archives, a shortform demo, promos, ratings,
testimonials, our show clock/satellite info, easy one-page agreement,
and more!

At your service,
Ian Freeman
Host, "Free Talk Live"