Allen Hunt is Quitting Syndication on May 31.

Ian Freeman

Apr 4, 2011, 11:42:33 PM4/4/11
to Free Talk Live : Industry Edition Newsletter
Syndication is a tough game. Radio takes dedication. You have to
really love radio to make it your career. You know that of course -
you're still here in the business doing what it takes, day-in, day-
out. Syndicated talker Allen Hunt made a good go of it - he brought
on veteran program director of WOOD in Grand Rapids, Phil Tower as his
GM, his show stood out as it was not the typical right/left slugfest,
and he eclipsed 150 radio stations nationwide in about five years on-
air. That's a success story, for sure.

However, it takes a lot to crank out six live shows per week, as Allen
was doing. When a Catholic organization (he's a pastor) came and
offered him a job, likely with better pay and easier hours, he took
it. Now his syndicated radio show is scheduled to come to a close on
5/31, when he will go back to doing Sunday nights on WSB FM/AM in
Atlanta.

If you are an Allen Hunt affiliate, whether for his live weeknight
program or for his live Sunday show, or his Saturday refeed, you
should seriously consider Free Talk Live. Allen claims his show is
"the only place in talk radio to discuss what's right and what's
wrong", which is not true at all. Free Talk Live is very much about
right and wrong, not right and left, as Allen would say. We are live
six nights per week as well. More details on how to freshen up on FTL
at the end of this email.

As if that weren't enough big news - monster talk syndicator Westwood
One made industry news today as they missed filing a yearly report:
"the company warned that if it cannot negotiate a definitive agreement
with its lenders, it will default on its Senior Notes, which, absent a
waiver from the lenders, could accelerate repayment and raise
'substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern.'
"

Uh oh. That's not good news for a company that's already been bailed
out by investors in the recent past. Maybe it's time to look at your
WW1 programming if you have some, and consider Free Talk Live. We
have no debt, are privately owned, independent, are profitable!

Finally, Free Talk Live welcomes WTHQ AM in Paducah, KY as our newest
six-night per week affiliate!

Need a refresher on Free Talk Live? We're available via XDS (Citadel)
live Monday-Saturday from 7-10pm Eastern. Free Talk Live has been
syndicated since 2004 and now has over 93 affiliates from coast-to-
coast. FTL is preemptible with no makegoods, plus we're streamable and
flexible - so you can air us whenever and however is best for your
station. Visit our Program Director's website: http://PD.freetalklive.com
- there you'll find full archives, a shortform demo, promos, ratings,
testimonials, our show clock/satellite info, easy one-page agreement,
and more!

As always, please let me know how I may be of assistance,
Ian Freeman
Host, "Free Talk Live"
603-513-2449