New Affiliate :: FTL in L.A. :: Another Saturday Show Drops Out

Ian Freeman

Sep 30, 2010, 1:43:40 PM9/30/10
to Free Talk Live : Industry Edition Newsletter
Free Talk Live welcomes our newest Saturday affiliate, and our first
in Utah, KOAL AM 750! KOAL is a 10,000 Watt AM out of Price and
they've taken two of our three Saturday hours live. As you probably
know, Free Talk Live is completely flexible. If all you need is a
couple of hours - that's fine with us! From one hour per week to all
eighteen, we want what works best for your schedule.

I'm looking forward to visiting the West coast for the first time
since 2007! Mark and I will be attending NTS Media Online's "Talk
Media Conference" happening October 14-16th in Los Angeles. Will you
be there? Shoot me an email if you'd like to ensure we meet up -
i...@freetalklive.com

The syndicated Saturday night wasteland gets worse as another show
quietly removes its live hour. It's my understanding that TRN's
"Science Fantastic", a Saturday night show which at one time had a
live call hour, has gone totally pre-recorded. The change hearkens
back to what TRN did with "Saturday Night America" a few years ago -
quietly turning it into a refeed of Rusty Humphries' weekday show
without bothering to inform affiliates of the change. If you are
ready to take your Saturday nights live and give your listeners a
reason to "appointment listen", please reach out!

Finally I leave you for now with a quote from John McKay, the program
director of our affiliate KFLD in Pasco, WA. John uses FTL's Friday
and Saturday shows for a six hour overnight block from Mid-6am Pacific
on Sundays:
"FTL is a breath of fresh air that makes you think hard about other
options to solving and discussing issues of today...you may not always
agree, but it's riveting radio--they tackle topics many will not even
touch!"

Need a refresher on Free Talk Live? We're available via XDS (Citadel)
and Starguide III live Monday-Saturday from 7-10pm Eastern. Free Talk
Live has been syndicated since 2004 and now has over 78 radio
affiliates from Alaska to Florida and Hawaii to New Hampshire. FTL is
preemptible with no makegoods, plus we're streamable and flexible - so
you can air us whenever and however is best for your station. Visit
our Program Director's website: http://PD.freetalklive.com - there
you'll find full archives, a shortform demo, promos, ratings,
testimonials, our show clock/satellite info, easy one-page agreement,
and more!

Thanks for your consideration,
Ian Freeman
Host, "Free Talk Live"