101 Affiliates! :: Why I exposed an undercover cop.

Ian Freeman

Jun 3, 2011, 11:10:58 AM6/3/11
to Free Talk Live : Industry Edition Newsletter
We did it! It took five years to get to 50 affiliates, and then about
two more to reach 100! Thanks to all who have made this possible.
FTL welcomes WKZO AM & FM in Kalamazoo/Portage, MI and WAVH FM in
Mobile, AL, both joining us for Saturday nights. WKZO adds FTL to
replace the exiting Allen Hunt and 50 kW FM talker WAVH is our 100th
affiliate! Besides being a monster signal in the Mobile market, WAVH
also has one of the most "with-it" positioners I have seen in the
industry: "Turning up your voice" That motto fits FTL perfectly - I
wish I'd thought of it!

Also, in other affiliate news, FTL has added a second XM talk channel
- "Extreme Talk, XM 165". Extreme Talk is more of a hot talk channel
featuring shows from "Real Radio" WTKS FM in Orlando, which is
appropriate as FTL started on Clear Channel's "Real Radio" experiment
in Sarasota back in 2002. Extreme Talk is carrying FTL's live
Saturday show and also our Friday show delayed to Sundays. This in
addition to "America's Talk XM 166" taking FTL all week long.

But that's not all! Existing affiliates KFLD AM in Pasco, WA and WGMD
FM in Rehoboth Beach, DE also this week expanded FTL from just
weekends to all-week-long! KFLD replaces Phil Hendrie on their
overnights and WGMD replaces Allen Hunt late nights. Plus, existing
affiliate WSNO AM in Barre, VT expands our live Saturday show to all
three hours to replace WestStar's "The Other Side".

Speaking of existing affiliates, here's what WNYY AM Ithaca's
Programmer, Geoff Dunn of Saga Communications had to say recently
about FTL:
“Our WNYY listeners are extremely active listeners and they love to
tell us how much they love or hate the views presented on Free Talk
Live, both weekdays and the weekend edition. The perspectives and
content is something fresh and though-provoking in this Ivy League
town.”

Whew! It's been a busy week, not just in the affiliate realm, but
also in my other important interest - liberty activism. (Yep, I don't
just talk, I also live my beliefs.) If you are looking for an
interesting interview for your local program(s), consider having me on
to discuss what happened to me yesterday: http://bit.ly/kCFBNg - My
friends and I were going out to breakfast after a trial (my co-host
Mark took a speeding ticket to trial) and in the parking lot were two
cars, one of which was an undercover cop that we'd seen at another
friend's trial for growing plants. We called him out on-camera and he
took off (with squealing tires). We saved a young man from going to
prison for selling drugs yesterday and publicly outed this police
officer whose job it is to engage in deception for the purposes of
putting peaceful people in cages. If you think rescuing an alleged
drug dealer from the clutches of an undercover cop would make for a
good bit of controversy, you should have me on your local show. I'm
available whether you are an affiliate yet or not and you can have me
by phone, ISDN, or Comrex Access. Also available for interview are
CopBlock.org's Pete Eyre and Ademo Freeman, who are the other two
people's voices you hear in the video at this link: http://bit.ly/kCFBNg
. Please let me know if you'd like to schedule a discussion with me
or one of them about this issue (or anything else). The war on drugs
is always a hot topic for discussion, especially with recent news
where former politicians worldwide have come out in favor of ending
it. My contact info is below.

Need a refresher on Free Talk Live? We're available via XDS (Citadel)
live Monday-Saturday from 7-10pm Eastern. Free Talk Live has been
syndicated since 2004 and now has over 101 affiliates from coast-to-
coast. FTL is preemptible with no makegoods, plus we're streamable and
flexible - so you can air us whenever and however is best for your
station. Visit our Program Director's website: http://PD.freetalklive.com
- there you'll find full archives, a shortform demo, promos, ratings,
testimonials, our show clock/satellite info, easy one-page agreement,
and more!

As always, please let me know how I may be of assistance,
Ian Freeman
Host, "Free Talk Live"
603-513-2449