Pascal's Wager does not rule out atheism

1 view

Drafterman

Aug 11, 2009, 8:42:29 AM8/11/09
to Freethinkers and atheists

Trance Gemini

Aug 11, 2009, 10:28:22 AM8/11/09
to FT...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:42 AM, Drafterman <draft...@gmail.com> wrote:

http://mindyourdecisions.com/blog/2009/08/11/how-pascals-wager-also-implies-atheism-is-a-winning-bet/

Just to extend this a little.

Given that there are 2000+ claimed gods.

Stating a non-absolute lack of belief that the probability of gods existing being low could also be considered better since atheists acknowledge this with regard to *all* claimed gods.

Therefore, even if *one* does happen to exist, we've got our bases covered according to Pascal's Wager.

Christians do not. Only *their* god can be true :-).

--
"The less justified a man is in claiming excellence for his own self, the more ready he is to claim all excellence for his nation, his religion, his race or his holy cause...." --Eric Hoffer.