Group Shutdowns - Comment

Trance Gemini

May 24, 2009, 9:05:10 AM5/24/09
to Freethinkers and atheists, Atheism V Christianity, Atheism vs. Christianity Moderator Forum
From Virden, a Google Helper, in response to yet another member complaint about a Group shutdown.

"Your Group is one of several hundred or more legitimate groups that
have been automatically locked for spamming because of a spamming
report, possibly by an anonymous malicious user. If you check your
group settings you should find that it is now set as an archive only
groups, so there can be no new posting. On the Advanced tab you should
see a message from Google asking that you prove that the group is not
a spamming group.

Personally I have no idea what an Imus group is, unless its has
something to do with the controversial radio personality Don Imus. If
that conjecture is correct, it is the kind of group that might be
falsely reported for spamming by users who disagree with its
ideological or political views. Some of the other locked groups seem
to have equally controversial topics, which makes me suspicious that
the spamming reports are false."

--
“You can safely assume you have created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates the same people you do.” --Annie Lamott (paraphrased)