Christians hacked by 4Chan

Trance Gemini

Aug 26, 2009, 7:51:11 AM8/26/09
to Trance Gemini
Since I don't want a start an Atheist vs Christianity war I haven't posted this to AvsC but it was really too funny not to share with you guys.

Source: Atheist Nexus http://www.atheistnexus.org/group/atheistnews/forum/topics/not-good-for-the-cause-but-its

4chan have hacked a heap of christian's facebook pages and put inappropriate comments and pics up.

SMH Article:
Coffee Desk Article:

You know how it is, if it makes fundies sad it must be funny. :P

--
"The less justified a man is in claiming excellence for his own self, the more ready he is to claim all excellence for his nation, his religion, his race or his holy cause...." --Eric Hoffer.

"potatoes vs tomatoes =grapes logic of fools." --Stonethatbleeds

dali_70

Aug 26, 2009, 11:57:04 AM8/26/09
to Freethinkers and atheists
On Aug 26, 7:51 am, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since I don't want a start an Atheist vs Christianity war I haven't posted
> this to AvsC but it was really too funny not to share with you guys.

LMFAO!

Thanks for the laugh TG!

Dead Kennedy

Aug 26, 2009, 12:29:08 PM8/26/09
to Freethinkers and atheists
i feel dirty and happy all at the same time.

aw go on then, mostly happy.

On 26 Aug, 12:51, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since I don't want a start an Atheist vs Christianity war I haven't posted
> this to AvsC but it was really too funny not to share with you guys.
>
> Source: Atheist Nexushttp://www.atheistnexus.org/group/atheistnews/forum/topics/not-good-f...
>
> 4chan have hacked a heap of christian's facebook pages and put inappropriate
> comments and pics up.
>
> SMH Article:<http://www.smh.com.au/technology/security/to-hell-in-a-hack-attack-ch...>
> Coffee Desk Article:<http://thecoffeedesk.com/news/index.php/2009/08/22/4chan-hacked-faceb...>

Trance Gemini

Aug 26, 2009, 12:50:28 PM8/26/09
to Freethinkers and atheists
Just to be absolutely clear, just I found it funny doesn't mean that I
endorse or condone hacking for any reason. I do not.

On Aug 26, 7:51 am, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since I don't want a start an Atheist vs Christianity war I haven't posted
> this to AvsC but it was really too funny not to share with you guys.
>
> Source: Atheist Nexushttp://www.atheistnexus.org/group/atheistnews/forum/topics/not-good-f...
>
> 4chan have hacked a heap of christian's facebook pages and put inappropriate
> comments and pics up.

Trance Gemini

Aug 26, 2009, 12:53:53 PM8/26/09
On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Trance Gemini <trance...@gmail.com> wrote:

Just to be absolutely clear, just I found it funny doesn't mean that I
endorse or condone hacking for any reason. I do not.

This should say: "...just *because I found it funny ...."

On Aug 26, 7:51 am, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since I don't want a start an Atheist vs Christianity war I haven't posted
> this to AvsC but it was really too funny not to share with you guys.
>
> Source: Atheist Nexushttp://www.atheistnexus.org/group/atheistnews/forum/topics/not-good-f...
>
> 4chan have hacked a heap of christian's facebook pages and put inappropriate
> comments and pics up.
>
> You know how it is, if it makes fundies sad it must be funny. :P
>
> --
> "The less justified a man is in claiming excellence for his own self, the
> more ready he is to claim all excellence for his nation, his religion, his
> race or his holy cause...." --Eric Hoffer.
>
> "potatoes vs tomatoes =grapes logic of fools." --Stonethatbleeds

Greywolf

Aug 26, 2009, 3:48:21 PM8/26/09
to FT...@googlegroups.com

Aug 26, 2009, 3:52:07 PM8/26/09
to FT...@googlegroups.com
Just to be absolutely clear, just I found it funny doesn't mean that I
endorse or condone hacking for any reason. I do not.

This should say: "...just *because I found it funny ...."

In in a way it is. And don't we both know that many a theist would have no qualms whatsoever hacking atheist websites to death. So there is a reason to chuckle silently.

Oh, I did get through to an atheist news reporter. What happens next is anyone's guess.

Turner Hayes

Aug 26, 2009, 4:52:35 PM8/26/09
to FT...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Trance Gemini <trance...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Trance Gemini <trance...@gmail.com> wrote:

Just to be absolutely clear, just I found it funny doesn't mean that I
endorse or condone hacking for any reason. I do not.

This should say: "...just *because I found it funny ...."
Same here.

I feel a little bad for the hacked users, but I'm saddened that the
Christian dating site (or whatever it was) that got hacked stored login
information is plaintext in a text file in a publicly accessible location
(or so I understand from reading those links). Aside from the extreme
insecurity, wouldn't it be far more of a hassle to parse the text file for
login information than to, say, store them in a database table? I mean, I
assume they HAVE a database, because otherwise...yikes. Having your
persistence layer be flat text files should be illegal for any nontrivial
program.

Trance Gemini

Aug 26, 2009, 5:03:27 PM8/26/09
to FT...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Turner Hayes <lordla...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

I agree. Although I don't recall reading that.

There are a lot of ways to hack a web site without even accessing the servers.

Most of the code I write (if given time to do it) is coded against those types of hacks.

And a basic SSL certificate can prevent sniffers from picking up the passwords.

Depending on the software that is used to program the site, flat files like that can now be encrypted quite easily as well.

So there really is no excuse these days for not having some basic security since it's so easy to implement.

It definitely should be a standard.

I suspect the site was written by Christian programmers. Haha.

On Aug 26, 7:51 am, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since I don't want a start an Atheist vs Christianity war I haven't posted
> this to AvsC but it was really too funny not to share with you guys.
>
> Source: Atheist Nexushttp://www.atheistnexus.org/group/atheistnews/forum/topics/not-good-f...
>
> 4chan have hacked a heap of christian's facebook pages and put inappropriate
> comments and pics up.
>
> You know how it is, if it makes fundies sad it must be funny. :P
>
> --
> "The less justified a man is in claiming excellence for his own self, the
> more ready he is to claim all excellence for his nation, his religion, his
> race or his holy cause...." --Eric Hoffer.
>
> "potatoes vs tomatoes =grapes logic of fools." --Stonethatbleeds

--
"The less justified a man is in claiming excellence for his own self, the more ready he is to claim all excellence for his nation, his religion, his race or his holy cause...." --Eric Hoffer.

"potatoes vs tomatoes =grapes logic of fools." --Stonethatbleeds

Turner Hayes

Aug 26, 2009, 11:42:59 PM8/26/09
to FT...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Trance Gemini <trance...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Oops. I badly misread it. The site was hacked, and the user logins were put INTO a text file called "christians.txt". My bad.

Dead Kennedy

Aug 27, 2009, 10:26:55 AM8/27/09
to Freethinkers and atheists
do you guys wear "mr spock ears" while having converstaions like that
one?

On 27 Aug, 04:42, Turner Hayes <lordlacol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> > "potatoes vs tomatoes =grapes logic of fools." --Stonethatbleeds- Hide quoted text -

Turner Hayes

Aug 27, 2009, 10:34:46 AM8/27/09
to FT...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Dead Kennedy <dead.k...@googlemail.com> wrote:

do you guys wear "mr spock ears" while having converstaions like that
one?

Live long and prosper, DK.

Trance Gemini

Aug 27, 2009, 10:51:02 AM8/27/09
to FT...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Dead Kennedy <dead.k...@googlemail.com> wrote:

do you guys wear "mr spock ears" while having converstaions like that
one?

LMAO!

I've got my Deanna Troy outfit on. You'll have to ask Turner what he wears ;-) I'm guessing Data....

Dead Kennedy

Aug 27, 2009, 12:23:39 PM8/27/09
to Freethinkers and atheists
thanks turner, im doing the funny finger thing right now.

On 27 Aug, 15:34, Turner Hayes <lordlacol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Dead Kennedy <dead.kenne...@googlemail.com

Dead Kennedy

Aug 27, 2009, 12:24:39 PM8/27/09

On 27 Aug, 15:51, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Dead Kennedy <dead.kenne...@googlemail.com
>
> > wrote:
>
> > do you guys wear "mr spock ears" while having converstaions like that
> > one?
>
> LMAO!
>
> I've got my Deanna Troy outfit on.

<shiver>