Morals & Manners in Islam

TLC

May 24, 2009, 6:47:43 AM5/24/09
to Freethinkers and atheists

Morals & Manners in Islam: A Guide to Islamic Adab by Marwan Ibrahim
Al-Kaysi is a mine of unintentional humour. Here you can learn
things like:

: The order in which a good Muslim cuts his fingernails and toenails

: Smiling at people when meeting them is recommended

: Taking a bath is the way to avoid smelling bad

: The separation of the sexes is necessary in Islam as it helps to
ease sexual tension

: A Muslim should be sure to relieve himself before going to bed and
should always enter the lavatory with the left foot first

: When coming out of the lavatory a Muslim should say 'O God, grant
me forgiveness' [Presumably god would rather you didn't go]

: It is recommended that friends and relatives refrain from frequent
visits to a newly-wed couple

: Marriage with a non-relative enlarges the circle of relatives by
adding new ones

: The part of a man's body from the navel to the knees should not be
exposed to others, and sports should be played in a special type
of shorts which does not show the man's form

: A broad smile, such as makes the back teeth visible, is better than
laughing [certainly more terrifying, I would have thought]

Less funny 'manners' include:

: When children reach the age of seven parents should ensure that
they begin praying

: For a wife to refuse to go with her husband when he calls her to
bed is a grave mistake

LL

Jun 22, 2009, 10:14:13 PM6/22/09

On May 24, 3:47 am, TLC <tlc.tere...@googlemail.com> wrote:
and
should always enter the lavatory with the left foot first

LL: Doesn't everybody?

*********************************

uncleryles (owner)

Jul 4, 2009, 9:28:00 PM7/4/09
to Freethinkers and atheists
>Quoted:: For a wife to refuse to go with her husband when he calls her to
bed is a grave mistake

Now that's disgusting let's reiterate GRAVE mistake :(

LL

Jul 5, 2009, 2:08:47 AM7/5/09

On Jul 4, 6:28 pm, "uncleryles (owner)" <unclery...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Quoted::  For a wife to refuse to go with her husband when he calls her to
>
> bed is a grave mistake
>
> Now that's disgusting let's reiterate GRAVE mistake :(

LL: In that culture it probably is.