The Kennedys & Christmas in New England this Weekend

PR First Parish Church of Stow & Acton

Dec 1, 2018, 10:57:40 AM12/1/18
to fpccommun...@googlegroups.com, thest...@lists.riseup.net
This weekend, First Parish Church of Stow & Acton (FPC) is holding two special events.

First, veteran folk-rock duo The Kennedys will appear at our own New Revival Coffeehouse tonight (Saturday, Dec. 1). Doors open at 7 and the concert begins at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $20 at the door. We've attached two links below to videos of their performances, including a fun, short song of theirs called "Free" and a longer video with a medley of two classic folk/rock songs, "Blackbird" and "8 Miles High."

Tomorrow (Sunday, Dec. 2), at 5 p.m., we have our annual Holiday Vespers Service, a special musical service that is FPC's holiday gift to the community. This year, FPC celebrates Christmas in New England as a way to welcome the Rev. Dr. Cynthia Landrum, who moved here from Michigan this August to become FPC's new settled minister.

The service will feature music by New England composers, including Daniel Pinkham's interesting and iconic Christmas Cantata, Gwyneth Walker's Rejoice! for choir, brass quintet, and piano, and some favorite New England carols, hymns, and readings. FPC's Adult Choir will be accompanied by Sanghee Kim on the piano and organ, as well as a brass quintet of students from Boston University. As always, attendance is free, a musical and spiritual gift to the congregation and the greater community during this holiday season. All are welcome.

FPC’s facilities are wheelchair accessible. The church is located at 353 Great Rd., at the corner of routes 117 and 62, in Stow. The coffeehouse takes place in Fellowship Hall and the vespers service takes place in the sanctuary.

We hope you'll be able to enjoy one or both of these special events!

Happy Holidays from First Parish Church of Stow & Acton!

https://youtu.be/QzjPAbY_dNg