Last Chance for 3-lb Homemade Apple Pies

1 view

PR First Parish Church of Stow & Acton

Oct 10, 2020, 10:00:02 AM10/10/20
to fpccommun...@googlegroups.com, thest...@lists.riseup.net
Today and tomorrow are the last days that First Parish Church of Stow & Acton (FPC) will be selling its fresh-baked apple pies.. Each pie has about 2.5 pounds of apples, which have been generously donated by Shelburne Farm of Stow. This year, the pies got a little more famous as they were mentioned in the New York Times! Well - okay, just one was mentioned, because our choir gifted a pie to the reporter who covered our recent Driveway Choir event, led by Kathryn and Bryce Denney of Marlborough, who developed the Driveway Choir. No word on what he thought of it, but I personally am hoping for another New York Times article about the pies. 🍎😉😎

As usual, sales will begin at 10 a.m. and will close when the day’s pies are sold or at 1 p.m., whichever comes first. Since FPC won't hold its Harvest Fair this year, jams, jellies, and pickles are being sold as well, along with baked goods as available.

You'll find FPC at 353 Great Road in Stow. Please wear a mask, and Instead of visiting the FPC apple pie stand, please pull up to the front of the church building, where you'll be greeted by masked sellers. They'll take your payment and place your purchases into your car's trunk. Pies will be $18 and other products will cost $4 to $18, depending on the jar sizes and contents.

Janet Beatrice
FPC Publicist

P.S. Kudos to the many FPCers who worked to hard to pick, peel, and chop apples, make dough, knead it, and make and bag the pies and to sell them. And extra kudos to FPCer Rebecca Stadolnik for organizing it all and finding a way to do it safely. It takes a village and we have a lovely little village here at FPC.