Re: Phoenix Rising: CAA/CDC II: The Rumble Continues

Cort Johnson

Jan 16, 2009, 11:38:02 PM1/16/09
to cort johnson

Welcome to the Dec edition of Phoenix Rising.  In this edition we're caught up again in one of the most intriguing and possibly consequential stories in memory: the CFID's Association of America's accusations that the CDC  has essentially been squandering money - lots of money - on dead end projects. Now with the full minutes of the federal advisory meeting on CFS present we dive deeper into the controversy and take a quick look at the ups and downs of Dr. Reeves tenure and ask what happens if he does leave.

As all this was unfolding a group of ME/CFS experts was doing the first external review of the CDC program in ten years and we take a critical look at the report they issued during this rather turbulent period.

The next issue on Phoenix Rising "Cracking the Foundations" will take a look at the possibly groundbreaking work that the Pacific Fatigue Lab is doing. If you read only one issue this year make sure this is the one! This is really exciting stuff.
--
Redesign; The Phoenix Rising has been undergoing a complete redesign over the past 4 or 5 months and shortly (hopefully!) change dramatically in appearance - be prepared for a very different looking website. The website will, over the course of 2009, become include many more ways that you can interact with it and it will expand its scope greatly. Forums and blogs, comment sections, treatment assessment sections, possibly a social networking section, and more will be added. If theres something you're looking for in a website let me know. The website will also move to a different URL.

If you have programming experience, in particular experience with asp.net and/or databases and could provide some guidance/help I would love to hear from you.

Any Apology! If you received a request to join Facebook from me I apologize. I recently opened up a Facebook account for Phoenix Rising. One of the services they offer is the opportunity to scan your address book for other Facebook members and invite them to join your Facebook account. They ended up inviting a few people already on Facebook and alot of people not on Facebook. Your e-mail addresses are only used to convey information on ME/CFS; they are not used to promote products! I apologize if you received a request from me to join Facebook.

Yours truly,

Cort Johnson

Phoenix Rising  - An ME/CFS Website at Phoenix-cfs.org