Phoenix Rising: CFIDS Association Slams the CDC/The First Drug for ME/CFS/ The Whittemore Peterson Institute Comes Out of the Closets

Cort Johnson

Dec 10, 2008, 11:14:36 AM12/10/08
to cort johnson
We start off a News Edition of Phoenix Rising with three hot stories.

CAA vs CDC. In the biggest story in years at the last CFSAC meeting Kim McCleary of the CFIDS Association of America effectively called for Dr. Reeves ouster as head of the CDC's CFS research program after a 2-year investigation suggested Dr. Reeves is running a program that is low on accountability and bankrupt of ideas.

The First Approved Drug For ME/CFS? - As Ampligen nears the end of its road at the FDA tensions are surely growing at its manufacturer, Hemispherx Biopharma. This looks like its make it or break it time for the drug. Oddly enough, given all the problems at Hemispherx over the years, they seem strangely confident. Will Ampligen be our first federally approved drug?

The WPI Comes Out of the Closet - Annette Whittemore said the Whittemore-Peterson Neuro-Immune Institute would be different, that they would bring a new focus to this disease. Are they? In this edition we take a close look at their website to see how new of a player this new addition to the research scene really is.

Check it all out in the Nov Edition of Phoenix Rising