Phoenix Rising "Right Living": An Interview with Dr. Friedberg Pt. I

Cort Johnson

Apr 2, 2009, 9:19:32 PM4/2/09
to cort johnson
Round II - if you couldn't open the link below before I apologize. It should be working now.

Welcome. Dr. Friedberg is not your typical physician; a clinician, researcher, author and IACFS/ME board member and now President of that organization, he's also had chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) for over twenty years. In this extensive two part interview we explore the insight's Dr. Friedberg's gathered from living with this disease and interacting with patients.

Dr Friedberg does not promise a cure but he does promise that if one engages in his program in a focused way most poeple's quality of life and their health will improve. This kind of  concentrated focus on lifestyle management and 'mindfulness'  as a kind of therapeutic tool is gaining steam and is something that we'll no doubt see more of in the future. In my experience, while not a cure it can be very helpful

The 9th International Conference in Reno was, as always, very interesting. I'll be reporting on it in two ways; the main conference summaries will be published through the newsletter and I'll present other features - mainly talks with individuals - in the new blog "Bringing the Heat". The first of these (Roadtrip/Dr. Peterson Opens the Conference) have already been published.  I encourage you to sign up for the blog. http://aboutmecfs.org/blog/

Yours truly,

Cort Johnson

Phoenix Rising  - An ME/CFS Website at Phoenix-cfs.org