Should the future of food be local or global? Please join us on 2 June at TABLE's official launch event

Helen Breewood

May 26, 2021, 5:44:23 AM5/26/21
to FCR...@googlegroups.com
Dear TABLE members,

We would like to remind you that TABLE's official launch event is being held next Wednesday 2 June at 13:00 until 14:45 BST. We would be delighted if you join this dialogue and contribute your questions and comments.

This kick-off event will be a conversation about scale in the food system. It will centre on perhaps one of the most complex questions around food and sustainability: At what scale should the food system operate? In other words, should the future food system be more globalised or localised, and why?

We are delighted to have this conversation with two thoughtful panelists who approach this topic from different backgrounds and perspectives: Maryam Rahmanian, an international consultant on biodiversity and agroecology and member of the IPES Food Expert Panel, and Prof Sir Charles Godfray, director of the Oxford Martin School at the University of Oxford.

The moderated dialogue will be followed by an audience Q&A session, reflections from different perspectives, and an informal networking session. We hope that you will join the conversation here to offer your ideas and reflections.

You can read more about the event and register here.

Best wishes,

The TABLE team

--
Helen Breewood

Research and communications officer at Table (formerly the Food Climate Research Network)
Connect with me on LinkedIn

Helen Breewood

May 26, 2021, 5:58:35 AM5/26/21
to FCR...@googlegroups.com
[Resending this message from another email address to avoid spam filter issues]