Fitting synthetic lines to spar with olivier link

Menno

Dec 3, 2008, 3:29:54 AM12/3/08
to F22 Builders
I'm considering using the 'olivier link' designed bij Olivier Blanc
(www.voile.org/trimaran) on my rig. The link is/was produced by
Precourt (see this document which I googled - the Precourt site has
been offline for quite some time now - www.precourt.ca/images/pdf/olivier_link.pdf).
Other builders might also be interested. More information in the
following mail (read bottom up) with Olivier.

If I get more news from Olivier, I'll post it in the F22 Group.

Menno

+++++++++++

Hi Menno,
I think the 6mm Olivier Link is inconvenient for 6mm shrouds. I really
should design 8mm and 10mm models to create a complete family suitable
for larger lines. I also plan to have more basic Links made of plastic
for secondary applications, such as lazy jacks, shock cords, etc...
I spoke with Erik this morning and he will be back in business very
soon. You will be able to get the fittings through his store shortly.
He told me that he will now be 100% dedicated to rigging!
I will try to get a test organized to see the ultimate strength of the
6mm link with 6mm shrouds. I will keep you informed.
Yes you can put this email in the F22 forum!
Regards,
Olivier