Daggerboard case mold

xantipo

Oct 3, 2009, 6:22:26 PM10/3/09
to F22 Builders
I'm just about to start setting up the mold for the daggerboard case.
According to plans the port side should be done first. I can't see
however any reason why the order can't be inverted.
Once I'm thinking of using wax instead of packaging tape, it's easier
for me to do the starboard first and then put the rope channel former.
This way it's looks easier to deal with the fillet around the former
which can be done with putty and then waxed.
Does this make sense to you or am I missing something here?

Tor

Oct 4, 2009, 12:04:58 PM10/4/09
to F22 Builders
That is how I did it. (Starboard first and then adding the rope
channel and putty fillet)

Tor