F22 #106

simon

May 20, 2009, 5:34:33 PM5/20/09
to F22 Builders
Hi all just thought I would introduce myself to the group. My name is
simon and I have recently started building a F-22. After studying the
many f22 blogs on the net and finding them very useful I thought I
would also start up my own blog.Below is the link to my blog and I
have no doubt that I will have many question in the future.

http://www.simonf22.blogspot.com

Jay Simmons

May 20, 2009, 6:06:25 PM5/20/09
to simon....@xtra.co.nz, F22-bu...@googlegroups.com

Welcome Simon!

Nice shop space you have there!  That should make for a nice building experience.

I noticed in one of your posts that you had some bubbles, or lifting of the glass from the foam core, that you had to repair.    I have hit this issue myself in the past and pre-coating the foam with a thin layer of bog has been extremely effective in preventing the problem.    By "thin layer" I mean scrape the squeegee over the foam - you just want to fill the voids in the foam with bog.     Probably adds a minimal amount of extra weight but life is so much better when you don't have to go back and repair the job.    And patches aren't a big deal inside the float but they're definitely a pain to fair later on.

Jay