A bit of fun Glad bag wrapping process works

Cuthbert, Andrew

Nov 5, 2008, 8:53:44 PM11/5/08
to F22-bu...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

As this is my first major project, the F-22, #23, other than making a fibre glass esky,

I have tried to keep things very simple.

E.g. No vacuum bagging.

This has lead to some desperate measures when trying to get the 453gms BIAXIL to cover the

Carbon fibre on the bow web and hold to the bow web shape.

I went to the kitchen for a solution, as I do and there was the solution looking at me,

 a box of glad wrap. And very cheap.

In small sections I gad wrapped the bow web.

Then with the 2nd layer I applied more pressure to hold a nice shape.

After the 3rd or 4th layer, I used a 90mm fibre glass roller to maintain the flat surfaces

 and work any excess resin  to the bottom of the bow web.

A great result.

The only problem was getting into trouble for taking her glad wrap.

Cheers Andrew Cuthbert

Attention:

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential.   You must not disclose or use the information in this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately and delete the e-mail and all copies.  The College does not guarantee that this e-mail is virus or error free.   The attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this e-mail are not necessarily those of the College.

This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by MailMarshal

Grant Kinsman

Nov 23, 2008, 5:34:01 PM11/23/08
to Cuthbert, Andrew, F22-bu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,
The stretchy plastic food wrap idea helped me with the final covering of the bobstay bow eye.  Thanks for sharing.
Grant
--
Grant Kinsman