ERR 1 Message

1 view

Dave

Mar 20, 2009, 8:21:04 AM3/20/09
to E+ Electric Bicycle Forum
Recently when I go to start my bike I get a message on the contgroller
that says "ERR 1". The battery indicator shows no power and the bike
will not run. If I disconnedt and reconnect the wire connection
between the battery and the controler the bike eventually shows full
battery and works. Sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect
several times before the bike will work. What is the problem?

Also, I stored the bike on constant charge in my garage over the
winter. I am sure the temperature fell below 32 degrees at times. I
did not know the battery should not be stored below 32 degrees unitl I
had the problem running the bike this spring and read the manual
again. Have I damaged the battery? The bike seems to run fine once I
get past the ERR 1 problem.

E+ Bike

Mar 20, 2009, 11:54:39 AM3/20/09
to E+ Electric Bicycle Forum
Hi David,

We noticed over the winter months that some of the earlier bikes we
sold last summer and fall experience this problem in cold weather. We
now have a fix for issue and it will be covered under your E+
Warranty. Please call our customer service number, toll free:
1-877-824-5339 ext. 5 to make arrangements for the warranty repair.
If you have any other questions, feel free to post them on the forum
or call customer service.

- You friends at Electric Motion Systems

Jeff Hasty

Mar 20, 2009, 11:54:09 AM3/20/09
to EplusElect...@googlegroups.com
I have the exact same problem!! I do have a second charger at work,
and for some reason, this rarely happens when I use the work charger.
Could it have something to do with the battery charger?

I live in San Diego, so the battery has never seen weather below 45
and the temperature issue that you mention is not the problem.

Jeff Hasty

PS: I love the bike. I had to change the front chain ring and rear
cassette because it was geared for a top speed of around 20MPH. With
the 1000W motor, the gearing should be such that top speed when
pedaling is around 28. It's an awesome ride to work, but the annoying
plugging in and out several times, sometimes consuming up to 15
minutes in the morning, needs to be addressed.