Comparing the E+ to others

Jérôme Daoust

Jan 13, 2009, 9:29:33 PM1/13/09
to E+ Electric Bicycle Forum
I did a comparative study between the E+ and others in the form of a
decision matrix:
http://www.expandingknowledge.com/Jerome/Bike/Main.htm#Gear_Bike_Electric_Best
The file opens up in Microsoft Excel.

Bottom line:
The E+ 1000 W Mountain matches the best ones overal, and when it
starts ofering an auxikiary battery this summer, it may then get best
score.

My wish list:
- Rear suspension.
- No battery in front wheel (to reduce transport weight). An easy to
remove 36 V 20 A hooked into the frame is desired.

Happy rides,
Jerome

Bike_on

Jan 22, 2009, 3:24:06 PM1/22/09
to E+ Electric Bicycle Forum
Jerome,

Very thorough cross matrix, but still subjective to your personnal
objectivity.

I prefer to read written reviews by people who have actually rode the
different bikes, side by side, and give their impressions. Not all
impressins will have the same weight due to personnal likes, but
combining many review of the same two/three bikes will paint a much
clearer picture.

Anybody out there that can give a review of E+ to another bike?

Dan

On Jan 13, 9:29 pm, Jérôme Daoust <EyesToThe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did a comparative study between the E+ and others in the form of a
> decision matrix:http://www.expandingknowledge.com/Jerome/Bike/Main.htm#Gear_Bike_Elec...

Steve Gatlin

Jan 22, 2009, 3:46:28 PM1/22/09
to EplusElect...@googlegroups.com
Let me add my worthless two cents. First, I love the E Bike. I will
buy one. But I would NOT under any cirumstances (in my location) use
one for winter riding. Maybe OK for a hearty 24 year-old, But not for
me. I would freeze my _____ off.

Stephen

Jérôme Daoust

Jan 22, 2009, 4:17:23 PM1/22/09
to E+ Electric Bicycle Forum
On Jan 22, 12:24 pm, Bike_on <therowe...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Very thorough cross matrix, but still subjective to your  personnal
> objectivity.

We agree. To adapt the decision matrix to one's own preferences, he
changes the weight values in cells A21 and down in column A.

Good rides, Jerome.

Dan Abrams

Jan 22, 2009, 8:13:13 PM1/22/09
to EplusElect...@googlegroups.com
Jerome,

I have been riding an E+ for the last six weeks or so putting about 475
miles on it. I am a bike dealer wanting to get into electric bikes so I
have been researching them for about six months and riding different
ones every chance I get. I found your matrix to be extremely helpful,
not so much because it gave me a lot of new information, but because it
validated a lot of what I was thinking. The "Pride" category was an
interesting addition to the research. I agree with the conclusion that
there is a lot of work to be done in the design department. Thanks for
the effort in compiling this information. I see you didn't include the
cheaper motors like Crystalite and Wilderness energy. Do you have a read
on these as well?

Dan
--
Dan Abrams
West End Real Estate, LLC.

Steve Gatlin

Jan 22, 2009, 4:45:25 PM1/22/09
to EplusElect...@googlegroups.com
Whatever that means!

Dan Abrams

Jérôme Daoust

Jan 23, 2009, 1:36:06 AM1/23/09
to E+ Electric Bicycle Forum

Steve Gatlin wrote:
> Whatever that means!

Hi Steve,
It means you can download the Excel file to your computer and change
the relative importance of each factor to better reflect how you think
each factor is important to you, and then the "score" (in row 1) for
each bike will become adapted to your views on what an ideal ebike
should be.