Car bike rack for E+

Cyril Scott

Jan 25, 2009, 1:01:13 PM1/25/09
to EplusElect...@googlegroups.com
I believe the weight of my E+ MTB (65lbs) precludes using most any bike rack out there.  Thule seem to come the closet with their T2 Hitch Mount - rated at 60lbs per tray. I would be tempted to go with that if the E+ were more evenly balanced (if front wheel wasn't significantly heavier than the rear).  I could, of course, take off the front wheel but that would somewhat defeat the object of using the rack - convenience.  Was wondering how others transport their E+ about (other than riding it!).

-- Cyril

Heather Crombie

Jan 25, 2009, 5:21:21 PM1/25/09
to EplusElect...@googlegroups.com
I use the Thule T2 rack & haven't had any issues when I transport my
bike.

Cyril Scott

Jan 26, 2009, 2:33:30 AM1/26/09
to EplusElect...@googlegroups.com
Heather: Thanks, T2 looks attractive again.

EMS: The 65lbs I quoted is for the 18" MTB. What's the weight of the 20" MTB?