EGR: Corporate Bullshit Alive & Well @ Facebook

Christopher Locke

Jun 14, 2009, 8:01:37 PM6/14/09
to EGR googleplex
goodbye
Fuckedbook
I jut got the following message while trying to post something to Facebook (hereinafter Fuckedbook).
You are blocked from making wall posts due to continued overuse of this feature
Your failure to comply with an earlier warning has resulted in this block.

Please note that this block is temporary and can last anywhere from a few hours to a few days. Facebook cannot lift this block for any reason. Please be patient and refrain from using this feature for a few days.

Continued misuse of Facebook's features may result in your account being permanently disabled.

At my earliest convenience -- as weasels like this are wont to say -- I plan to post the following...
You are fucked to be talking about "overuse" of your badly designed broken-ass "features." Fuck you, I'm out of here. I guess Twitter competition doesn't bother you, huh?
What "earlier warning"? This is the first I heard from you, whoever "you" are, you faceless chickenshit robot.

Please note that your block is no skin off my nose. Fuckedbook cannot imagine itself to have a lock on web communications, can it? Please be patient and refrain from breathing for a few days.

Continued misuse of Fuckedbook's authoritarian dicta may result in your company being made permanently irrelevant.

Have a nice day. Assholes.

After composing the above, which took a little while, I noticed that I also had email from notificati...@facebookmail.com -- marked when I saw it just now in Gmail "5:14 PM (27 minutes ago)." I guess this was my "earlier warning." Here's what it said...
Hi,

Our systems indicate that you've been misusing certain features on the site. This email serves as a warning. Misuse of Facebook's features or violating Facebook's terms of use may result in your account being disabled. Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

Please refer to http://www.facebook.com/help.php?page=421 for further information.

The Facebook Team

Well, The Facebook Team can kiss my sweet Irish ass. I haven't had anyone speak to me in this sort of snot-nosed condescending tone since I was in Kindergarten.
Please repost widely.

5:53 PM | link |