Writing ensemble error alerts to another file

shivapannala reddy

Nov 29, 2017, 12:42:49 AM11/29/17
to InterSystems: Ensemble in Healthcare
Hi

I want to write ensemble alerts to a separate file other than console.log. Anyone have suggestion on how to implement it.

Thanks
Shiva

David Loveluck

Nov 29, 2017, 1:00:54 AM11/29/17
to Ensemble-in...@googlegroups.com
Shiva

Ensemble alerts aren't written to the console log by default. These are typicallyissues with message routing or queue length.

But Cache system monitor alerts are. These are typically system issues such as file full or lock table full issues.

Can you clarify the problem you are trying to solve because the solutions are different

Dave

shivapannala reddy

Nov 29, 2017, 2:09:36 AM11/29/17
to Ensemble-in...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

Thank you for reply.

 1.I want to write any errors in ensemble production like error in transformation or errors in any business components to a separate file instead of console.log.
For example - I want to write error message like the file path does not exist.

2. Is it possible to write cache monitor alerts as you mentioned to a file?

Thanks,
Shiva

shivapannala reddy

I want to write ensemble alerts to a separate file other than console.log. Anyone have suggestion on how to implement it.

Thanks
Shiva

David Loveluck

Nov 29, 2017, 2:56:00 AM11/29/17
to Ensemble-in...@googlegroups.com

The simplest way to handle alerts is to create a configuration item in your production called Ens.Alert. The class that implements that can be any BP or BO.

If all alerts are to be sent to a single place this could be a business operation that could use email, http, files or whatever technology you want. In your case it seems as if a business operation that uses a file adapter would be the way to go. There are plenty of examples in the documentation.

If you want to send different alerts to different places, or perhaps transform or filter alerts before sending them on, then you should configure Ens.Alert to be a BP that uses a routing engine. Then you have a lot of power and flexibility to control where your alerts go.

By the way, these days the InterSystems Developer Community is a much more active place that this google group. There are all sorts of questions, articles and announcements there. You should consider posting future questions there.

Check out   https://community.intersystems.com/

Dave

I want to write ensemble alerts to a separate file other than console.log. Anyone have suggestion on how to implement it.

Thanks
Shiva

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "InterSystems:  Ensemble in Healthcare" group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "InterSystems: Ensemble in Healthcare" group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "InterSystems: Ensemble in Healthcare" group.

shivapannala reddy