Business Operation Error:ERROR <Ens>ErrTCPTerminatedReadTimeoutExpired: TCP Read timeout (30) expired waiting for terminator SegTerminatorAscii=13, on |TCP|28100|21017, data received =''

cper...@phs.org

Oct 25, 2016, 3:12:40 PM10/25/16
to InterSystems: Ensemble in Healthcare
This error appears to be mostly related to our vpn tunnel connections in Ensemble. In summary, hl7 messages are being sent outbound from Ensemble through a vpn tunnel to a client connection. The connection will just drop randomnly- ensemble waits for an acknowledgement message which never comes back to the engine. After an undetermined length of time wait, the connection will get reestablished and new resend will get the acknowledgement and proceed with queued up records to that destination. I am including the business operation connection settings. We are not able to figure this out from an engine config/setup and so our network engineers are currently looking into this as well.

StayConnected:1500 (Note: 30 minutes timeout set by Network design)
ConnectTimeout:5
ReconnectRetry:5
GetReply: enabled
ResponseTimeout:60
ReadTimeout:5
Framing:MLLP
PoolSize:1
DefCharEncoding:latin1
RetryInterval:5
FailureTimeOut:-1
ThrottleDelay:0

Thanks,
Cesario Perez
PHS Intergration Team
ABQ.,NM

Raouf Besbes

Aug 29, 2017, 11:55:38 AM8/29/17
to InterSystems: Ensemble in Healthcare
Hi everybody,

I have the very same problem when trying to send messages to an outbound application through a TCP business Operation :

Business Operation Error:ERROR <Ens>ErrTCPTerminatedReadTimeoutExpired: TCP Read timeout (30) expired waiting for terminator SegTerminatorAscii=13, on |TCP|28100|21017, data received =''

Does it have to do to a missing carriage return  ( SegTerminatorAscii=13 ) , or with waiting for an aknowledgement return from the tarhet application
Please help if anyone have an insight

Thanks in Advance
Raouf Besbes

Lawrence Harris