Writing multiple messages from a single message

Kathy Ward

Jun 20, 2017, 8:57:06 AM6/20/17
to InterSystems: Ensemble in Healthcare
I have a messages that has multiple values in MSH:4.  I want to create one message per each value in the MSH:4 field.  I tried using a business rule using Assign to set the value of MSH:4 for each message.  My problem is that if there are 3 values in MSH:4, I get three messages but the MSH:4 value is the last value in the MSH:4 field for all 3.

I also tried to separate it out using a different rule for each but got the same results.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

lebla...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2017, 9:02:22 AM6/21/17
to InterSystems: Ensemble in Healthcare
Rather than using a business rule for this, I would advise using BPL to loop through the MSH segments, and for each one, call a Data Transformation to create a new message.

You may want to try posting this (or future questions) on the Developer Community (https://community.intersystems.com/), as it will reach a wider audience of InterSystems developers and users.

Hope this helps!
Steve