EmacsListen and corrections

Jan Egil Hagen

May 15, 2007, 1:16:32 PM5/15/07
to EmacsListen
Hi, I'm using the EmacsListen version on SourceForge With Emacs 21.3.1
and Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 9 on XP. I've only just started
to try
to get it to work, and i'm especially having trouble with corrections.
it seems that it's only possible to do corrections in the last block
of text that was recognized by Dragon NaturallySpeaking, and when I
make a correction the correction appears only in the *EmacsListen*
buffer, and not in the buffer I'm writing in. This is a problem when
I'm dictating a long sentence, and want to go back and correct any
mistakes afterwards. In addition, all blocks that Dragon
NaturallySpeaking recognizes, are inserted into Emacs capitalized,
regardless of whether there is a period in front of it or not.

The README text in the VR-mode files say that it only works with Emacs
19. Is that the problem? Is it something else? Is that the way it is
a known problem?

In addition, it was a complete nightmare to get DNS to understand the
difference between ghin and Dean, for some reason. :-) But it works
now.

JEH