PMSM Field Oriented Control

Francisco Lopes

Apr 4, 2008, 1:19:42 PM4/4/08
to Electric Motor Control
Hi!

I'm trying to simulate in Simulink a filed oriented control of
permanent magnet synchronous motor.

Anyone can help me tunning the Iq and Id PI controllers?

I have already spend a lot of time trying to tune these PI controllers
with no result.
I have already tryied to use "Control and Estimation Tool Box" but
nothing.

Thanks

de

Apr 7, 2008, 9:07:38 AM4/7/08
to Electric Motor Control
Hi !

I will give you a "manual" method for tuning.

1. Set a step reference at the input of IQ controller and 0 at the
input of ID controller.
2. Use the same values Kp, Ki for both controllers (IQ and ID).
3. Set the Ki to 0 and the Kp to very small value. With these values
the system answer must be 0 or near to 0.
4. Increase the Kp value until the answer represent 80% from
reference.
5. Increase slowly the Ki value until the system answer reach the
reference.

Daniel