RE: Electric-Motor-Control Trying to understand Electric Power Steering

Toma Dordea

Jan 11, 2007, 11:57:52 AM1/11/07
to Electric-Mo...@googlegroups.com
When you try to turn the car wheels by turning the steering wheel you
apply a force on the steering wheel. This translates into torque, which
is basically the product between applied force and the diameter of the
steering wheel.
An electric motor runs along a characteristic curve represented by the
product of torque and speed. This product represents the (output, shaft)
power of the motor. So, at a given level of power (rated, nominal, etc)
when increasing the speed, the torque decreases.
So to ease turning the steering wheel by hand, the motor adds torque,
which basically translates into a lower force required to be applied by
the driver to turn the wheels.

Toma P. Dordea, PE
ALFATECH CAMBRIDGE GROUP
97 East Brokaw Road, Suite 300
San Jose, CA 95112
Tel.408.487.1200 Fax.408.436.1511
Dir.408.487.1258 Cel.925.980.2435
mailto: toma....@atcginc.net
http:///www.atcginc.net

Jan 13, 2007, 10:39:05 AM1/13/07
to Electric-Mo...@googlegroups.com
DSC-00465.jpg

DSC-00466.jpg

DSC-00467.jpg
Attachments00.HQX

sakthivelmk

Jan 13, 2007, 11:55:57 AM1/13/07
to Electric-Mo...@googlegroups.com
Video_part.mim

sakthivelmk

Jan 13, 2007, 11:46:50 PM1/13/07
to Electric-Mo...@googlegroups.com

         photo                                photo2                            photo3
Attachments001.BHX

sakthivelmk

Jan 14, 2007, 6:56:00 AM1/14/07