Compton candidate who lost by one vote needed $5,000 for recount

1 view

Douglas Cragoe

Jul 1, 2021, 1:39:53 AM7/1/21
to Election Integrity
https://wavepublication.com/sharif-officially-declared-new-mayor-of-compton/

"Final results show Galvan edged Spicer, 855-854. Spicer is asking his supporters to help fund a recount after allegations of voter fraud surfaced.  “Thank you to my entire team for the continued support,” Spicer wrote in a Facebook post. “I need 100 friends and supporters to donate $50 to my campaign so we can do a recount.”

This is the election results page that L.A. county provided:   https://results.lavote.net/#year=2021&election=4259

Sounds like 1,709 votes cost about $2.92 each to recount.  Seems like a high cost for a pretty small recount.  I don’t know yet if the candidate was able to find the money in time.  There is a lawsuit because a Long Beach group is being charged at least $2 per ballot by L.A. County for a recount they want done.

-Doug Cragoe