GREAT NEWS! Almost there, can you make one more call?

Julie Weiner

Jun 9, 2023, 8:06:36 PM6/9/23
to Eileen O'Connor

 VIVA NY IS ON THE STATE SENATE FLOOR AND LIKELY TO PASS!  It protects the choice to vote on hand-marked paper ballots.

The VIVA NY bill, A 5934A/S 6169A, is a CFOW, Common Cause, Let NY Vote, NYCD16-Indvisible priority. It is almost sure to pass the Senate!

The legislative session is likely to continue late into the night and probably again tomorrow (Saturday) morning.   That means that Assembly Speaker Heastie must get messages ALL EVENING - an avalanche of support - to allow the A bill -- A5934A -- to get to the floor of the Assembly and pass. Please call Speaker Heastie's office at

to say (or leave message if they aren't picking up) "PASS VIVA NY, A5934A -- Protect our recountable paper ballots, not voting machine vendors!"

For more information, see this excellent NY Daily News op ed:  Keep New York elections verifiable to voters (nydailynews.com) and my short Why VIVA NY Must Pass (theyonkersledger.com).  And enjoy, and please repost - to Twitter, Instagram, FB, etc., or email to friends - this support video from the director of Medgar Evers Center for Law and Social Justice:  (16) Award-Winning Actor Andre Braugher & Lurie Daniel Daniel Favor Support VIVANY! - YouTube.

I so appreciate whatever help you've provided - and whatever more you can do now.  Thanks.

Best -

Julie Weiner

CFOW, CVINY, NYCD16-Indivisible