Alien probe (no, not that kind)

Edward M. Lerner

May 4, 2011, 10:35:12 PM5/4/11
to Edward M. Lerner news
Twenty years … yowza. That’s how long it’s been since PROBE, my debut
novel, first saw print.

Sadly PROBE has also been long out of print.

So: I am pleased to say that PROBE is once more available (with new
foreword and afterword), this time in a classy trade paperback edition
and -- something scarcely imaginable in 1991 -- as an ebook.

What is the probe of the title? The hero’s own Prospector spacecraft,
prowling the Asteroid Belt for mineral wealth? The alien derelict
that Prospector had the (mis)fortune to come upon? Something the
military doesn’t want found? Or is it something really out of the
ordinary?

It’s best that I not answer that. Instead, here’s what some reviewers
had to say:

"With a scientist's background and a novelist's eye, Ed Lerner has
written a fast-paced thriller sure to please techno-junkies, sci-fi
lovers, and anyone who simply enjoys an exciting yarn."
-- Pete Earley,
NYT bestselling author of Family of Spies: Inside the John Walker
Spy Ring

"... A fast-paced, hold-on-to-the-edge-of-your-seat thriller."
-- Illinois Quarterly

"... A page turner, sprinkled with ample doses of the heart of
darkness that shadows all human endeavors ... good old-fashioned
flight and chase and murder, abetted and enhanced by futuristic
technology."
-- The Journal

Curious? Amazon has the snappy new cover and a sample, plus reader
reviews of the original edition. See:

http://www.amazon.com/Probe-Edward-M-Lerner/dp/1936771071/

Best regards,

- Ed