InterstellarNet Enigma / Canopus Award

1 view

Edward M. Lerner

Nov 3, 2015, 9:45:42 AM11/3/15
to Edward M. Lerner news

A bit over a month ago, I was delighted to learn (see, on my blog, A(n inter)stellar start to the day) that my latest novel, InterstellarNet: Enigma, was a finalist for the inaugural Canopus Award for interstellar-themed fiction. The award was created to recognize "works that contribute to the excitement, knowledge, and understanding of interstellar space exploration and travel."

The awards were, well, awarded Friday evening October 30. I wasn't able to attend, but I prepared a few remarks just in case. And -- mirabile dictu -- I woke up Halloween morning to the spooky news that InterstellarNet: Enigma had won!

Humanity once feared that we might be alone in the universe. Now we know better. And we’ve learned there are worse things than being alone …

For more information, see the press release from 100 Year Starship. (If 100YSS is new to you, it's am amazing organization. Founded with seed money from NASA and DARPA. Led by M.D. and retired shuttle astronaut Mae Jemison. Charged with enabling the infrastructure for interstellar-travel capability -- and in a way that benefits the billions here on Earth -- within a century.)

Or check out my blog post, Whoa! Tachyons!, to see my acceptance remarks. Or visit the InterstellarNet series page on my website for a little about all three novels in the InterstellarNet setting.

And that's it for today.

- Ed

===
Edward M. Lerner