InterstellarNet: New Order

Edward M. Lerner

Sep 28, 2010, 8:26:31 PM9/28/10
to Edward M. Lerner news
Machiavelli warned that, "There is nothing more difficult to take in
hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than
to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things." And
all Machiavelli had to scheme about were petty squabbles between
Italian city-states.

That brings me to the latest installment in my InterstellarNet future
history, InterstellarNet: New Order.

Earth and its interstellar neighbors have been in radio contact for a
century and a half. A vigorous commerce in intellectual property has
accelerated technical progress for all the species involved. Ideas,
riding on radio waves, routinely cross interstellar space -- almost
like neighbors chatting over the interstellar back fence. But there is
a way over, or under, or around, almost any fence. Sooner or later,
when we least expect it, the neighbors, friendly or otherwise, are
going to pay a call....

InterstellarNet: New Order chronicles the startling events of Second
Contact, upfront and personal, as humanity discovers that meeting
aliens face to face is very different -- and much more dangerous --
than sending and receiving messages.

“Faster-than-light travel is such a commonplace convention in SF that
we seldom consider the flip side: a universe in which FTL does not
exist. In this book … Edward M. Lerner uses such a universe to great
effect.”

— Analog Science Fiction and Fact,
(on InterstellarNet: Origins)

INTERSTELLARNET: NEW ORDER
Edward M. Lerner
FoxAcre Press
ISBN-13: 9780981848754
Also available for Kindle

Although the two InterstellarNet novels stand alone, they also
complement each other. So: If you haven't read InterstellarNet:
Origins -- good news. The publisher has a 20% discount if you purchase
both books together. See

http://www.foxacre.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?action=serve&item=author.html&CAT=LernerEdwardM

(To my long-time readers: as A New Order of Things, an earlier version
of InterstellarNet: New Order was serialized in Analog in 2006.)

Best regards,

- Ed

Edward M. Lerner
Perpetrator of Science Fiction and Technothrillers
Website -- http://www.sfwa.org/members/lerner
Blog -- SF and Nonsense -- http://edward-m-lerner.blogspot.com/