Colour Genie DOS ROM listing

EXX

May 9, 2017, 8:21:30 AM5/9/17
to Eaca discussion
Hi all,

Is anyone interested in a ROM listing of the Colour Genie DOS (maybe for implementing Disk Support in the CG Emulator)? I have taken the DOS ROM and started to document it some time ago. I was able to comment about 90% of the code.

Best regards,

EXX

David Sutherland

May 9, 2017, 12:00:52 PM5/9/17
to Eaca discussion
Sounds great.  Hope Terry will host your work.

David C. Sutherland   |  (310) 729-6411 (c)  |  Lindale, Texas

Arpad Virag

May 9, 2017, 6:33:45 PM5/9/17
to eaca-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi EXX,

I myself have never seen the DOS ROM listing before, so it would be very nice to be able to study it.
I have a Colour Genie and I'm using it with tape records at the moment, but I'm wondering what possibilities there are to use floppy drives and controllers. Can maybe some of you guys give me hints or to redirect me to websites where I can find info about this topic?
(EXX - are you by any chance in The Netherlands? Greetings from Luxembourg!)
Cheers,

Arpad

Terry Stewart

May 9, 2017, 8:40:10 PM5/9/17
to eaca-di...@googlegroups.com
>Hope Terry will host your work.

Sure, if you send me the listing and whatever else goes with it, I can include it on the page here:

Terry

Leslie Ayling

May 21, 2017, 11:24:00 AM5/21/17
to eaca-di...@googlegroups.com

Yes indeed!

I did an IDA disassembly of the CGDOS + NEWEE00 disk util rom quite some time back, be good to compare notes J

Cheers,

Leslie

Fritz Chwolka

May 21, 2017, 1:34:57 PM5/21/17
to Eaca discussion
Yes.. I'm interested in your work too.

I like to  add your work to http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/public/pub/rechner/eaca where I saved a lot about the genie computers as I began in 1978 with a videogenie1 from a friend.  Mostly the information on my side about the genie is in german language. http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/public/pub/rechner/eaca/colourgenie/

Matt Houben

May 29, 2017, 10:11:26 AM5/29/17
to eaca-di...@googlegroups.com
Ok,

Here is the listings I have.

Download the BASIC ROM Listing at:
https://msmh.home.xs4all.nl/EG2000/Listings/BASICROM.TXT

I created this listing from the Colour Genie ROM listing I had from TCS. I wanted to have it as an electronic document so I just typed everything in and translated the German comments into English while doing so.

Download the System RAM listing at:
https://msmh.home.xs4all.nl/EG2000/Listings/DOSRAM.TXT
This listing contains all the system variables for both BASIC and DOS

Download the CGDOS ROM Version 2 listing at:
https://msmh.home.xs4all.nl/EG2000/Listings/CGDOS-V2.TXT
This is a listing of the Colour Genie DOS V2. I did not process this completely; there are gaps in the comments.

Apart from this, I also started to create Z80 Assembly source files from the listings. These source files can that be assembled using a Z80 cross assembler and linker; I have used the one from 2500 AD software. The BASIC part is completed, and also the System RAM definitions as an Equate file. The DOS part is still under construction; it is around 80% finished.

I did a cross-assembly and link of the BASIC source part and the binary I had at the end was identical to my BASIC ROM dump file.

Best regards,

Matt

Terry Stewart

May 29, 2017, 4:42:03 PM5/29/17
to eaca-di...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Matt,

I'll put these on the colour genie page in the next few days.  Are you happy for me to associate your email to them in case people want to contact you for further info about them?

Terry

Matt Houben

May 30, 2017, 3:13:12 AM5/30/17
to eaca-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Terry,

I have added a contact e-mail address inside the listing and uploaded a new version. So, please download the files again from the same location.

Terry Stewart

Jun 2, 2017, 9:33:41 PM6/2/17
to eaca-di...@googlegroups.com