Israel Trip 2013

Jeffrey Loh

Oct 22, 2012, 1:23:55 AM10/22/12
to ETW-Mailing-List, 00 ETW Committee

Dear folks,

The brochure for the Israel trip (10N) is out. The final price is $4,300 (including tips for guide). Only airport taxes and fuel taxes (about SGD 200) are not included due to volatility of oil prices). Dynasty travel charges about $4,800 for a 11N trip without tips, while Chan Brothers charge $3,600 for 8N, so my price is not far off. Most packages quote a low price but when you factor in all the other costs, they can come up to a lot. Those who have gone with us on previous trips will know it's worth it, especially if the tour guide (Moshe) is an experienced one. He is also the director of a company that has interest in several archeological sites in Israel. It is important to have a good guide esp when traveling in places with archeological interest. My wife and I went on a commercial trip to Egypt years ago. At one of the sites was the granary area that Joseph put in place but the tour guide we had knew nothing of it. We just missed it right before our eyes.

This tour will be different from other commercial or church tours because I go to non-traditional sites. Most traditional sites are tourist traps and are not the original places mentioned in the Bible. E.g Tour groups will bring you to the Bethlehem in the PA controlled area whereas the one we are going to is located in Israel itself. Or even the site of the Crucifixion and burial place of Jesus (Church of Holy Sepulcher or Garden Tomb - which we will be going) - this is more likely located at the peak of the Mount of Olives where the 3rd altar (for sacrificing the red heifer) is located. All these will be taught / lectured during the nightly sessions in Israel.

Do help me promote. If I can hit > 25 pax, the price can be reduced by $100.

Shalom,
Jeffrey

Israel-Trip-April2013-brochure.doc