Jacob Phillips who lived in the "Orphan Strip"

Tom Hutchison

Sep 15, 2012, 2:10:56 PM9/15/12
to encphilli...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

I received this email from someone looking for information:

Does anyone have any info re: Jacob Phillips who lived in the "Orphan Strip" in what is now Western North Carolina, but was in the late 1700's early 1800's Walton County Georgia? He was listed in the Partial Census of Old Walton County, Georgia (1803-1811)"which is now in parts of Jackson and Transylvania counties NC. He was listed by name with a total of "6 Whites" in his family. No hint as to children, wife, etc. I assume the persons listed were his wife and children, but I have no way of knowing. I suspect he could be my GGG Grandfather or at least related to my GG Grandfather Williamson Phillips born in NC (circa) 1790. Williamson is an on-going brick wall.. Thanks

Does anyone have any information on a Jacob Phillips? The Williamson Phillips name sounds familiar to me for some reason.

Take care

Tom

Nancy Kiser

Sep 15, 2012, 3:33:49 PM9/15/12
to encphilli...@googlegroups.com
We have some descendants of Williamson Phillips in the DNA project and they belong to Group 14.  Here are the lineages of the men in Group 14:

************
FAMILY GROUP 14

Kit number 89441

1.  Possibly Williamson Phillips bc 1790 NC, m 1) Betsy Coleman
2.  Charles W. Gregory b 1824 (out-of-wedlock) in either SC, GA or AL, m. Mary Elizabeth Parks
3.  William O. Gregory b 1851 AL, m. Sophia Auld
4.  Charles A. Gregory b 1876 TX, m. Fannie Lee Bell
5.  William Lavergne Gregory b 1901 TX, m. Anise Estelle Oliver

Kit number 47114

1.  Williamson Phillips, bc 1790 NC, m 1) Betsey Coleman 2) Manerva Unknown
2.  Jefferson Holland Phillips, bc Jan 1837 Franklin Co GA, m Lavinia E. Morris
3.  John Benson Phillips, b 23 Sept 1875 Hart Co GA, m Carrie Ada Madden
4.  James Lowell Phillips, b 13 June 1913 Hart Co GA, m Myrtle Wray

Kit number 82049

1.  Possibly Williamson Phillips bc 1790 NC, m 1) Betsy Coleman
2.  Charles W. Gregory bc 1824 (out-of-wedlock) SC, m Mary Elizabeth Parks
3.  Charles W. Gregory bc 1858 AL (Wilcox Co?), m Myra Elizabeth Anderson
4.  Roy Vernon Gregory bc 1889 TX (Panola Co?), m Katie Johnston

Kit number 71034

1.  Ichabod Phillips, bc 1770, dc 1843 Columbia Co GA, m Sophia Lord
2.  Joseph Phillips, bc 1801 Columbia Co GA, m Piety Underwood
3.  Elisha Phillips, b 1844 Muscogee Co GA, m Margaret (Maggie) Bassett
4.  Calvin Phillips, b 19 Jan 1875 Chattahoochee Co GA, m Willie Wootsen Pate
5.  James Marshall Phillips b 10 Aug 1907 Chattahoochee Co GA, m Bessie Lee Grantham

Kit number 160846

1.  Isham W. Phillips b 10 May 1799 GA, m 1) Mary unknown, m 2) Samantha Amos
2.  John Isham Phillips b 27 Dec 1847 Butler Co AL, m Temperance Adeline Griffin
3.  William Morgan Phillips b 29 Oct 1881 Butler Co AL, m Della Estelle Hobbs

Kit number 29533

1.  Jacob Meek Holloway b 1807 TN, m Elizabeth Simmons
2.  John R. Holloway b 1842 IN, m Matilda Cochran Webber
3.  Thomas H. Holloway b 1867 Jefferson Co IL, m Ella Norman
4.  Delbert H. Holloway b 1889(?) Jefferson Co IL, m Lilly Henson
5.  Harley D. Holloway b 1908 Jefferson or Virden Co IL