Android vgbanext won't create .sav file

JiHang Jiang

Mar 24, 2021, 10:03:14 AM3/24/21
to EMUL8
I've been using vgbanext for quite a while. It worked perfectly.

Since yesterday, I found it wouldn't create .sav file anymore. Right now, if I load a new game, it won't create the .sav after quitting, but quick save/load can still work, and screenshot can still be created in the folder.

If I load a game already with old .sav file, it can be loaded correctly, and I can see my in game save. However, after playing for a while, saving, and then quitting. The .sav won't be updated. I opened the game again and my game started at the old place.

I don't know what causes this problem. I re-installed vgbanext from play store and re-grant storage access. No luck.

Vgbanext in my other phones work fine.

This happened since few days ago, on my Nokia 8.1, android 10.

Thanks in advance for any help.

fms

Mar 24, 2021, 11:06:38 AM3/24/21
to EMUL8
On Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 10:03:14 AM UTC-4 JiHang Jiang wrote:

Since yesterday, I found it wouldn't create .sav file anymore. Right now, if I load a new game, it won't create the .sav after quitting, but quick save/load can still work, and screenshot can still be created in the folder.

If I load a game already with old .sav file, it can be loaded correctly, and I can see my in game save. However, after playing for a while, saving, and then quitting. The .sav won't be updated. I opened the game again and my game started at the old place.

Thanks for reporting this. Looking into it.

fms

Mar 24, 2021, 10:22:01 PM3/24/21
to EMUL8
On Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 10:03:14 AM UTC-4 JiHang Jiang wrote:

Since yesterday, I found it wouldn't create .sav file anymore. Right now, if I load a new game, it won't create the .sav after quitting, but quick save/load can still work, and screenshot can still be created in the folder.

If I load a game already with old .sav file, it can be loaded correctly, and I can see my in game save. However, after playing for a while, saving, and then quitting. The .sav won't be updated. I opened the game again and my game started at the old place.

This has been fixed in VGBAnext  6.4.5 released tonight. Please, update via Google Play and give it a try!

JiHang Jiang

Mar 25, 2021, 9:02:16 PM3/25/21
to EMUL8
Yes, it's working now. Thank you so much.
fms 在 2021年3月25日 星期四上午10:22:01 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

JiHang Jiang

Mar 26, 2021, 1:54:08 AM3/26/21
to EMUL8

Oops, something is not right. I've been playing today. Most of the time, the in game save is ok, but somehow every now and then I restart vgbanext and load my game, the latest in game save is changed to an old save. For example, in the morning I caught 5 pokemons already, and I save in the game and close vgbanext. In the afternoon, I opened my pokemon game, and found my character was at a different place and only had 1 pokemon. That's an old in game save. I didn't touch any files in my phone. Then I experiment for a while. This happens not often, but I happens. Sometimes old in game save is loaded and the latest in game save is gone.
JiHang Jiang 在 2021年3月26日 星期五上午9:02:16 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道: