No summer Sunday School!

Greg M. Johnson

Jun 28, 2009, 7:44:37 AM6/28/09
to elca-g
We visited a town in another state, and the fact that we may do so several times over the summer made us especially wanting to take our son to a Sunday School.  Unfortunately, the closest Lutheran church, like our own, closes its Sunday School program for the summer.

This raises the question: does anyone know of a church that DOES keep its program running in the summer? And is there anything demographically, culturally, financially different about it that makes staying open a perfectly natural option?

--
Greg M. Johnson
http://pterandon.blogspot.com

John M. Hudson

Jun 28, 2009, 10:45:16 PM6/28/09
to ELC...@googlegroups.com
For a number of years at St. Philip we had 2 services the year around as well as Sunday school. The solo pastor's rationale was that more people visit churches in the summer than at any other time and they need to see "how things normally are." Now the church has two pastors the year around but only one worship service and non SCS in the summer. Makes sense to me. Not.