ECMSG - Information

Gwen Yim

Jan 24, 2008, 11:01:22 AM1/24/08
to East Coast Mums' Support Group (Singapore)
A warm welcome! Glad you found us on Google Group.

The East Coast Mums Support Group is an informal group, initiated in
Jan 2006. It has a mix of Singaporeans, other Asian ladies - Thai,
Indian, Burmese, Malaysian, and also Westerners - Americans,
Europeans, Australians. We do not mark attendance, you are free to
attend as and when you can make it. There is no membership fee. No
attendance fee.

It also purports to serve as a social support group for mummies who
have uprooted themselves from their home countries, and are just so
very new to Singapore. We hope for this group to be a budding ground
for new friendships to be found, for both mummies and their little
ones.

Our Activities
As this is first and foremost a social group, our activities are
primarily Coffee Mornings, Babygroup and Playgroup for Crawlers &
Toddlers. Just mums and kids hanging out. We do not collect an
attendance fee unless the cost of booking a facility or refreshments
has to be shared.

Coffee Morning is held twice a month on Thursdays from 10am to 12pm.
The week when there isn't a coffee morning, the babygroup / playgroup
meets.
If there are five weeks in a month, there is usually a break on the
fifth Thursday of the month.

The co-ordinator usually emails the "Schedule of Activities" towards
the end of the month for the new month. You may wish to mark your
diary for Coffee Mornings as there won't be a reminder for that.

Coffee Mornings - You pay directly to Werner's Oven for the food/
drinks you consume.
The ECMSG is not charged a fee to use the place and has permission
from the owners of Werner's Oven to set up an area with toys, mats,
etc.
The Coffee Morning Co-ordinator arranges for the toys to be delivered
to the venue and the staff at Werner's help to set up. After each
session, the co-ordinator brings home the toys to clean them and the
toys are stored away till the next Coffee Morning.

Crawler/Toddler Playgroup - The host is either Gwen Yim or Sylvia Kong
as they are members of the Swimming Club. So, attendees are coming as
their guests. The club does not officially host the East Coast Mums'
Support Group. ECMSG members should try to keep to the rules and
regulations of the playroom/club to avoid any unhappiness from the
Management.

Baby Group - It used to meet twice a month in a home environment, so
that the mums can catch up comfortably without having to worry abt
Crawlers or Toddlers running into the babies. We have temporarily
suspended regular activities for the morning baby group as there isn't
a co-ordinator. If you are interested to host on an ad-hoc basis, do
let gwe...@gmail.com know.

Branching out - A few ladies have gotten along well and have arranged
to meet on the side or in the afternoons which is a more convenient
time for them. This is good as the ladies had an opportunity to know
one another thru' the ECMSG, and they move on to set up their little
groups and "free up" the space for newcomers to join the ECMSG.