Fwd: ODOE Now Accepting Applications for Community Heat Pump Deployment Program

Kirk Rensmeyer

Mar 6, 2023, 8:37:33 PM3/6/23
to eatcor...@googlegroups.com
This should apply to Corvallis

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Oregon Department of Energy <OD...@cd.energy.oregon.gov>
Date: Mon, Mar 6, 2023 at 12:00 PM
Subject: ODOE Now Accepting Applications for Community Heat Pump Deployment Program
To: <kren...@gmail.com>

Click here if you are having trouble viewing this message.

ODOE Now Accepting Applications for Community Heat Pump Deployment Program

An online application portal is now open for eligible entities and Tribes to apply for grant funding to support local heat pump deployment programs. The Oregon Department of Energy’s Community Heat Pump Deployment Program will award funds to selected regional administrators that will offer financial assistance for heat pump installations in the communities they serve.

Eligible entities include:

  • Local governments as defined in ORS 174.116
  • Local housing authorities
  • Nonprofit organizations
  • Federally recognized Tribes in Oregon
  • Coordinated care organizations as defined in ORS 414.025
  • Community action agencies as described in ORS 458.505
  • Manufactured dwelling park nonprofit cooperatives as defined in ORS 62.803
  • Electric utilities

Applicants can access the application portal online to submit their proposals for grant funding. The portal is designed to be user-friendly and accessible, and can be translated into languages other than English.

A program opportunity announcement has additional information for applicants, including information to gather, details on the competitive scoring process, and more.

The grant program was established by House Bill 1536 in 2022, which provides $10 million for ODOE program administration and grants to 11 Oregon regions and the nine federally recognized Tribes in the state. Following a competitive review, successful applicants will be offered a performance agreement containing the terms and conditions associated with the grant.

To apply, visit https://odoe.powerappsportals.us/en-US/chphome

For more information about the Community Heat Pump Deployment Program, including a recording and presentation slides from our recent informational webinar, visit https://www.oregon.gov/energy/Incentives/Pages/CHPDP.aspx

Contact: Community Heat Pump team, 800-221-8035, community...@energy.oregon.gov.

Oregon Department of Energy

Leading Oregon to a safe, equitable, clean, and sustainable energy future.

The Oregon Department of Energy helps Oregonians make informed decisions and maintain a resilient and affordable energy system. We advance solutions to shape an equitable clean energy transition, protect the environment and public health, and responsibly balance energy needs and impacts for current and future generations.

AskE...@oregon.gov  |  503-378-4040  |  550 Capitol St. NE in Salem

Click here to unsubscribe or here to change your Subscription Preferences.

Duvall, Kathryn

Mar 7, 2023, 11:28:42 AM3/7/23
to Kirk Rensmeyer, eatcor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kirk,

We are looking into it. It’s been a tricky program to get a handle on.

Kathryn

Kathryn Duvall (she/her) · www.yescorvallis.org

Mar 7, 2023, 9:36:34 PM3/7/23
to Duvall, Kathryn, eatcor...@googlegroups.com
On a related note, I found some information on federal funds for municipalities. Kathryn has probably already seen this; but I thought I would share it anyway. If municipal buildings were remodeled with one goal being energy efficiency; the projects might be easier to finance.
Fed-Funds-Municipalities.pdf

Duvall, Kathryn

Mar 8, 2023, 12:12:11 PM3/8/23
to Kirk Rensmeyer, eatcor...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, Kirk, you’re on it! We’re looking into this, too.

andrew young

Mar 8, 2023, 6:27:18 PM3/8/23
to Duvall, Kathryn, Kirk Rensmeyer, eatcor...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I'm currently working in the Corvallis Public Works administration office. Kathryn - Would it be redundant to forward this info to the person in charge of grants for Public Works building retrofit projects? I can have my supervisor send it over to get the most attention from an internal department source. There is a good chance they are already aware -- but would hate to make an incorrect assumption about something like this.

Thanks to Kirk for digging up the relevant info!

Andrew Young
City of Corvallis Public Works

Kirk Rensmeyer

Mar 10, 2023, 1:14:43 PM3/10/23
to andrew young, Duvall, Kathryn, eatcor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,
        I think a possible solution to your problem could be found with the Federal Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG).  I have pasted in their website along with a link to a webinar and presentation slides.  I reviewed the webinar and it does include financing for heat pumps. The entire program is designed for municipalities with population greater than 30,000. Their aid comes in the form of either grants or vouchers.  The authors of the website recommend vouchers since the application process is simpler and the response time is shorter. This is an on-line application.  See what you think of it.
                                                                              Regards,
                                                                               Kirk Rensmeyer