Corvallis Home Energy Score Progress

Michael Fahey

Jun 8, 2022, 7:21:26 PM6/8/22
to eatcor...@googlegroups.com
Hello to the Energy Action Team, I am sending this on behalf of Marge who is away from her computer, so hopefully I get the right message across!

You may have noticed that the latest edition of the City of Corvallis' e-News provided progress on the Home Energy Score initiative, specifically that the Climate Action Policy Advisory Board (CAAB) recently recommended that the City adopt a home energy score ordinance to help mitigate the impacts of climate change and curb emissions. Staff will present the home energy score ordinance to the City Council on June 21.

Below is a link taking you to the Home Energy Score Proposed Ordinance section on the City's website. Note that the link provides instructions to send in comments to be included in the Council packet prior to the June 21 meeting, provide written testimony, etc. You are encouraged to do so and spread the word!

The due date for comments is usually the Tuesday before the meeting (i.e. June 14), and earlier is better - the comments should be labeled as "community comments for the June 21 council meeting". Thank you!

- Mike

Charlyn Ellis

Jun 8, 2022, 7:40:04 PM6/8/22
to Michael Fahey, eatcor...@googlegroups.com
It would be nice to have a variety of people commenting.

--
——————
Energy Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

VISION: Corvallis has achieved energy security and net zero greenhouse gas emissions.

https://sustainablecorvallis.org/action-teams/energy/
---

Jeanette Hardison

Jun 10, 2022, 2:56:33 PM6/10/22
to eatcor...@googlegroups.com
Just a gentle reminder:
Due to the Sustainability Coalition's policy against advocacy of legislation, please submit any comments as Citizens, not as Sustainability Coalition volunteers.
Apologies if Annette already reminded our group...
Jeanette

Annette Mills

Jun 10, 2022, 6:24:21 PM6/10/22
to eatcor...@googlegroups.com

Thank you, Mike – and thank you, Jeanette!

Mike, I really appreciate your alerting Energy Action Team members to the upcoming City Council review of the proposed Home Energy Score ordinance, as well as encouraging community members to voice their opinions on this legislation. The Sustainability Coalition strongly supports public participation in issues of interest and concern to our community.

And Jeanette, thank you for reminding everyone that, if they are offering either written or oral testimony to City Council, they need to do so as individuals and NOT EVEN MENTION their affiliation with the Sustainability Coalition or the Energy Action Team, as that might imply that the organization has taken a position on the proposed policy. (Please see attached Advocacy Policy and Guidelines for Action Teams.) I understand that there’s a fine line between educating elected officials about an issue and advocating for or against legislation related to that issue. Hopefully, the examples provided in the Guidelines for Action Teams will help spell out the difference.

Thanks,

Annette

Annette Mills, Facilitator/Director (she/her/hers)

Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

www.sustainablecorvallis.org

541-230-1237

I live within the traditional homeland of the Ampinefu Band of Kalapuya.  Following the Willamette Valley Treaty of 1855 (Kalapuya …Treaty), Kalapuya people were forcibly removed to reservations at either Grand Ronde or Siletz. Today, the Kalapuya live on tribal lands or tribal-ceded lands throughout the region. Many Kalapuya are active members of the sovereign nations of the Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde or the Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians. Kalapuya culture is alive.

Advocacy_Policy_Revised_FINAL_07_08_ 14.pdf
Advocacy_Guidelines_Action_Teams_FINAL_07_08_14.pdf